MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math 1K03 Gorn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-06-2012 03:14 PM
second lecture math 1k03 and bio 1p03 santiagoeb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-13-2010 08:43 PM
Need a math tutor? Need help with Math 1M03 or 1K03? Im your guy :D ShahrukhKhan Academics 4 08-19-2010 08:31 AM
MAth 1K03 and MAth 1M03 Skye First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2010 06:12 PM
Math 1K03 MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-07-2009 08:43 PM

How to get into Math 1K03 if I have a credit in adv func?

Old 06-26-2012 at 06:48 PM   #1
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

How to get into Math 1K03 if I have a credit in adv func?
Hey guys, I'm trying to get into Math 1K03 so that I can brush up on my math skills so I can do well in 1M03. It says in the course description that it is not usually open to people with a credit in grade 12 adv func. I have a credit for that course but I did not do well and took it over 2 years ago so I feel that there are some serious gaps in my knowledge of the subject. I tried to sign up for it in SOLAR but it recognizes my grade 12 adv. func. credit and won't let me register for it. Does anyone know what steps I can take if any to get into the course?
Old 06-26-2012 at 07:44 PM   #2
Bartholomew

Liked: 0 Times

Take Math 1F03 instead. It will better prepare you for 1M03.

guerilla says thanks to Bartholomew for this post.
Old 06-26-2012 at 07:48 PM   #3
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
Take Math 1F03 instead. It will better prepare you for 1M03.
I noticed that the prerequisite for that course is grade 12 adv func, will they expect me to already know the ins and outs of adv func in that course or is it more of an introductory course that explains the simple stuff in depth? I'm a tad worried because I don't remember anything from grade 12 adv func