MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New McMaster Safety, Security, and Transit App Launched Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 05-08-2013 01:03 PM
Mcmaster to toronto?? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-21-2012 09:33 PM
Toronto to Mcmaster? enarab Automotive & Transportation 6 09-09-2011 12:37 PM
How To Get From Mcmaster To Toronto (go Bus)? rcmp1234 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-01-2010 08:31 PM

How to get to Mcmaster from Toronto by Go Transit?

Old 08-04-2013 at 10:19 PM   #1
LittleBoPeep

Liked: 0 Times

How to get to Mcmaster from Toronto by Go Transit?
I will be going back home to Toronto on weekends as much as I can once September comes, but I have no idea what go bus/train to take to get to Mcmaster from Toronto and vice versa.

I have been looking through the Go Transit website for a few days now, but I am still really confused. Your help is much appreciated.
Old 08-04-2013 at 10:36 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoPeep View Post
I will be going back home to Toronto on weekends as much as I can once September comes, but I have no idea what go bus/train to take to get to Mcmaster from Toronto and vice versa.

I have been looking through the Go Transit website for a few days now, but I am still really confused. Your help is much appreciated.
If you need to get to Union station, you can take the bus to the Hamilton GO station (about 20 minutes) then bus 18 to Union. Alternatively you can take the 15 bus from on-campus (by Keyes building) to Burlington or Aldershot, then the train all the way to Union.

If you want to get to York University, the 47 bus goes straight there from on-campus.

Check out gotransit.ca
Old 08-04-2013 at 11:10 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

During rush hour there's also an express Mac-Union bus.

But yeah, it's really worth figuring out the GO transit website. It's not hard, and you can see what is most convenient for you.
Old 08-04-2013 at 11:24 PM   #4
Suspect

Liked: 61 Times

TTC -->Union-->16 Hamilton express Go Buss-->Hamilton Go Station-->1 King-->McMaster
TTC -->Union-->16 Hamilton express Go Buss-->Main street--> walk to McMaster
I don't know about the Go train since i never use it.
Old 08-05-2013 at 12:06 AM   #5
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

For the train:

- From Union, take the Lakeshore West train. Check the televisions around Union to see what platform it's on. If you are really confused at Union about what train to take, ask any of the workers to get to Aldershot Go Station and they'll tell you which train to take and which platform to get on.
- Take the train to Aldershot Go Station.
- Get to the front of Aldershot (just follow the people) and wait for the buses. There will be one that says "McMaster U" on it.
- Take this one and it will take you straight to campus (outside Mary Keyes).

To get a schedule for this, go to the Go Transit website. Click "Schedules". Since you're getting confused, click "Mini Schedules" on the schedules page (easier to read). Then select the station you're starting from (Union Station) and where you're going (McMaster U. Bus Terminal). Click the little PDF-thing on the right and you'll get the schedule.
Note: The schedule changes periodically. During the summer trains don't come as often, etc. So always check beforehand.

Last edited by Quiver : 08-05-2013 at 12:13 AM.

LittleBoPeep says thanks to Quiver for this post.

LittleBoPeep likes this.
Old 08-05-2013 at 09:03 PM   #6
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

no one heard of google maps anymore or what??
Old 08-05-2013 at 09:44 PM   #7
redstarr37

Liked: 9 Times

Here's what I do (Also please forgive me, but I don't remember all bus numbers and platforms and such, but still easy enough to find):

Going to Toronto, I take the GoBus near Keyes to Aldershot/Burlington. The time will determine where you end up (i.e. either Aldershot or Burlington GoStation). I always seem to catch the one to Burlington. Then take the train all the way to Union. Could also take the GoBus (Toronto Express) to Union. Could go to Hamilton Go Station, but closes bus stop to campus is on Dundurn St.

Coming back to Mac, I usually take the GoBus (Hamilton Express) and get off at the first stop which is just off the highway ramp. Then walk about 10min to campus.

A million ways to go, but this is what I usually do. Also if the Go Transit site is too confusing, you can always go the Compass in the Student Centre to ask for help. They usually have little schedules they can give you.

And yes, Google Maps is pretty accurate as well.

LittleBoPeep says thanks to redstarr37 for this post.

LittleBoPeep likes this.