MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UFC 129 in Toronto kirbyking Athletics & Recreation 4 02-16-2011 07:32 PM
NBA - Toronto Raptors Cliu91 Movies & Television 46 12-24-2010 03:34 PM
How To Get From Mcmaster To Toronto (go Bus)? rcmp1234 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-01-2010 08:31 PM
Toronto Raptors Greco General Discussion 6 10-28-2009 03:03 PM
McMaster Marauders vs. University of Toronto Varsity Blues! Phoenix General Discussion 3 10-07-2009 06:44 PM

Toronto to Mcmaster?

Old 08-07-2011 at 04:37 PM   #1
enarab

Liked: 22 Times

Toronto to Mcmaster?
So I live in Toronto (close to Scarborough towne center) and I usually take the GO bus from Union when making my visits. I was just wondering is there any other ways of transportation? I don't have a car btw.

luna_yi_hui likes this.
Old 08-07-2011 at 05:28 PM   #2
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

There are a few alternate methods you can take, but having commuted twice a week for the last three years, I find the 16 Hamilton Express bus from Union most efficient (and reliable).
You can also try going from York University to Mac, but that bus makes several stops in Brampton and Mississauga on the way. Since you live in Scarb, you could also take the Lakeshore East train, transfer to the Lakeshore West train at Union, transfer again at Burlington or Aldershot, and take the bus to the Mac Campus.

If you want maximum trolling mode, you can take the TTC 190 Rocket from STC to Don Mills, take the subway to Sheppard, down to Yonge-Bloor, and then across to Islington. There, you would take the 20 Rathburn or 26 Burnhamthrope to Square One. Then you can take the 47 Go Bus to Mac.

Last edited by Freija : 08-07-2011 at 05:33 PM.

enarab says thanks to Freija for this post.

RyanC likes this.
Old 08-07-2011 at 05:32 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
There are a few alternate methods you can take, but having commuted twice a week for the last three years, I find the 16 Hamilton Express bus from Union most efficient (and reliable).
You can also try going from York University to Mac, but that bus makes several stops in Brampton and Mississauga on the way. Since you live in Scarb, you could also take the Lakeshore East train, transfer to the Lakeshore West train at Union, transfer again at Burlington or Aldershot, and take the bus to the Mac Campus.

If you want maximum trolling mode, you can take the TTC 190 Rocket from STC
If you can get to a GO station close to STC, you can just take the route described above. It'll cost more than just TTCing to Union but it's probably faster. Also, I don't believe you have to "transfer" the train should just keep going (they have multiple messages during the ride and when arriving at Union as to what is going to happen to the Train once it gets there).
Old 08-08-2011 at 10:13 AM   #4
DarthFuzzy

Liked: 7 Times

What I used to do was take the ttc to union and then the go bus from there to Hamilton, but this ended up being to tedious with my residence luggage. What I do nowadays is go to STC take the GO bus there to York and then the York bus to McMaster. It takes a bit more time but easier journey.
Old 08-08-2011 at 10:33 AM   #5
IonicBonds

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If you can get to a GO station close to STC, you can just take the route described above. It'll cost more than just TTCing to Union but it's probably faster. Also, I don't believe you have to "transfer" the train should just keep going (they have multiple messages during the ride and when arriving at Union as to what is going to happen to the Train once it gets there).
Actually, you do have to transfer; the train itself does not go to Mac. If you want to end up at Mac's GoBus stop then you will need to take the transfer at either Aldershot or Burlington (#15 bus; it'll say on the bus's header)--either is fine. Otherwise, you can take the train all the way down to Hamilton and use the HSR from there.

enarab says thanks to IonicBonds for this post.
Old 09-08-2011 at 09:04 AM   #6
nicolewf

Liked: 0 Times

You could go to york university and take go bus 47 to mcmaster
Old 09-09-2011 at 12:37 PM   #7
ilovedeal

Liked: 0 Times

gobus is great