MacInsiders Logo
Old 02-16-2011 at 03:11 PM   #1
kirbyking
Program: Biology
Year: Third

Liked: 0 Times
UFC 129 in Toronto
Did anyone get a ticket? I only managed to get one on Saturday morning, and no one else I know got one, sales were insane! Guess I'll be sitting with random drunk people lol. I wonder if they'll open up more seats.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Add negative rating0Add positive rank
Old 02-16-2011 at 05:06 PM   #2
siefer1322
Program: bacteria population as a model for humanity
Year: Second

Liked: 96 Times
I got 3. What now?
Old 02-16-2011 at 06:08 PM   #3
Scuderia
RocketSaurus
Year: Second

Liked: 110 Times
sell them!!!
they are going for ridiculous prices!!

Old 02-16-2011 at 07:12 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Fourth

Liked: 526 Times
whats ufc..............

kirbyking likes this.
Old 02-16-2011 at 07:32 PM   #5
gallagaj
Year: Fourth

Liked: 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyking View Post
Did anyone get a ticket? I only managed to get one on Saturday morning, and no one else I know got one, sales were insane! Guess I'll be sitting with random drunk people lol. I wonder if they'll open up more seats.
The tickets (30,000 of them) had a PRE SALE date of Feb 10th and 11th, these were for members of the UFC fight club only (which you have to pay 100.00 to be a member of). ALL tickets got sold out on this date. So, Dana White felt bad that the general public did not get to buy any so he released 20,000 more on February 12th which is when you bought yours. The tickets that were released on this date sold out in 3 mins. There will not be any more released because Dana White said that he does not want to be rude and beat the record for most tickets sold, currently held by Wrestlemania.

So if you want to buy any more you will have to buy them off someone who already bought them and are re-selling them at OUTRAGEOUS prices. For example, front row seats are going for $39,999, when they originally were only $800.00.

By the way, if you bought the 500 section seats for 50.00 that they were selling, you better hope you have someone nice becide you that you can talk to because you wont even be able to see the fight. Its a waste of money, you might as well pay the 49.99 to order it on payper vew. LOL.

And, other than the main event, the fight card really sucks!

Best bet: Wait till GSP beats Jake Shields and is fighting Anderson Silva - that will be an amazing fight and Dana wants to have it in toronto as well. That will be one worth paying for.

Have fun at the event!

Not a member of MacInsiders? Signup now and gain full access to our student community!
Ask questions, get informed, and get involved!
Closed Thread