MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
San Sebastian ksterne Misc 4 09-16-2010 11:01 PM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Vote Sebastian Miller for Humanities SRA milles7 General Discussion 2 10-22-2009 08:15 AM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM

Get San Sebastian for Mac Welcome Week '10

Old 05-08-2010 at 05:45 PM   #16
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

Arkells would be nice. I missed them the last time.

Also some City and Colour would be nice. I know we've already had Alexisonfire, but Dallas Green has an awesome voice.

Old 05-09-2010 at 02:44 PM   #17
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

There is someone at McMaster who you can email and suggest Welcome Week bands to. I suggested one last year, and the lady said she already checked and they were unavailable. :(

Does anyone know the person to email? I will search my Gmail but I don't think I have it anymore.
Old 05-09-2010 at 03:22 PM   #18
deaner_123

Liked: 3 Times

They really can't go wrong with the Arkells...both times i've seen them in hamilton (once at quarters, other at the studio), theyve really put on an incredible show. At the Quarters, wait, 1280, whatever, they really seemed to put 110% into that performance, and I think they'd do the same with a WW show.

Well, I'm hoping for it.
Old 05-09-2010 at 06:12 PM   #19
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Bring anyone that has epic guitar/anything solos. For the last two welcome weeks, I have been disappoint.
Old 05-09-2010 at 07:31 PM   #20
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Broken Social Scene, anybody? They just put out a new album.

melopoly likes this.
Old 05-09-2010 at 10:09 PM   #21
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
There is someone at McMaster who you can email and suggest Welcome Week bands to. I suggested one last year, and the lady said she already checked and they were unavailable. :(

Does anyone know the person to email? I will search my Gmail but I don't think I have it anymore.
The person you're thinking is Christina Burns, who is the Director of Campus Events, the MSU service that organizes the concerts during Welcome Week and throughout the year. While you can contact her at [email protected] a, I suggest joining the facebook group here where you can share your suggestions with other people. Moreover, every summer she sends out a message asking students who they'd like to hear during WW, and then from there she tries to book the artists most suggested.

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer

Old 05-10-2010 at 12:00 AM   #22
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Belle and Sebastian

On a serious note I don't think mac could pull BSS. How about Caribou? He's from Dundas, close enough.
Old 05-10-2010 at 12:39 AM   #23
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

If Mac can pull Alexisonfire, Tokyo Police Club, Neverending White Lights, Metric, and Sam Roberts in previous years, they can pull BSS.
Old 05-10-2010 at 01:07 PM   #24
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Bring anyone that has epic guitar/anything solos. For the last two welcome weeks, I have been disappoint.
Sadly, I don't think this will ever happen.