MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to do if the course you want is FULL? Rumana First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-28-2013 03:38 PM
Full Course?? lkaemmer20 Academics 2 06-26-2012 10:54 AM
Full Course m8santos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-25-2012 01:28 PM
course's full! oHierlihy Academics 3 06-21-2010 04:44 PM
Getting into a full course... Wolf11 Academics 1 09-07-2008 12:11 AM

Getting into a course that is full?

Old 06-29-2014 at 04:19 PM   #1
forcajovem

Liked: 8 Times

Getting into a course that is full?
Besides logging in and out of solar and trying at different times, what is the best course of action to get into a course that is full?

It's not a necessary course, but one that I'm very interested in and would benefit greatly from.

I know there are ways to contact either faculties or professors directly and getting a seat in the course, which might be available despite solar saying it is full. I'm just not sure who to contact, and when, since solar is closed at the moment and I don't know if I should be looking into this now or when it opens again in august (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't want to wait until the first week of classes because last year I waited to do course changes then because I was having a hard time getting into my desired classes and my first week was a mess with classes being added and dropped and I fell behind a bit and it was essentially a disastrous start.

Feedback would be great! Thanks.
Old 06-29-2014 at 04:34 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcajovem View Post
Besides logging in and out of solar and trying at different times, what is the best course of action to get into a course that is full?

It's not a necessary course, but one that I'm very interested in and would benefit greatly from.

I know there are ways to contact either faculties or professors directly and getting a seat in the course, which might be available despite solar saying it is full. I'm just not sure who to contact, and when, since solar is closed at the moment and I don't know if I should be looking into this now or when it opens again in august (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't want to wait until the first week of classes because last year I waited to do course changes then because I was having a hard time getting into my desired classes and my first week was a mess with classes being added and dropped and I fell behind a bit and it was essentially a disastrous start.

Feedback would be great! Thanks.
Knowing the course you're trying to get in to would help a lot.
Contact academic advisors from your faculty or the faculty that the course belongs to, and/or the prof (or instructional assistant if the course has one). Also check the faculty website; in some cases it states what the course of action is.

Do this ASAP, and then if it's too early they'll just say to contact them again at a later date - no harm done.
Old 06-29-2014 at 04:44 PM   #3
forcajovem

Liked: 8 Times

My bad, the course is spanish 1Z06
Old 06-29-2014 at 08:34 PM   #4
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Since the course you're trying to get into is part of the faculty of Humanities, fill up the Seat Request form. It did wonders for me when I was still at Mac. https://webserver.humanities. mcmas...nt/allocation/

Good luck!

forcajovem says thanks to akikokoyoki for this post.