MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Level II Banshee Academics 8 05-31-2010 11:23 PM
Commerce Level Help Commie8507 Academics 3 05-31-2010 10:33 PM
commerce level 1,help Jackjack3067 Academics 2 05-02-2010 11:47 PM
level 4 Chris094 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 01-22-2010 09:42 AM
Level II Programs? Mr.Prodigy Academics 5 03-29-2009 10:56 PM

Getting into Med Rad Sci Level II

Old 01-25-2011 at 01:44 PM   #16
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

Yeah that's one of the things that are so appealing, the idea of traveling for work seems pretty sweet, although I'm not too sure how excited I am to leave my family behind
Old 01-25-2011 at 01:51 PM   #17
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia. View Post
Yeah that's one of the things that are so appealing, the idea of traveling for work seems pretty sweet, although I'm not too sure how excited I am to leave my family behind
Now I want to switch my program. lol So I am looking at the website and I have some credits like kin, bio, chem..but no medrad courses. How you liking your courses so far? Lots of keeners?

Last edited by jeboi7 : 01-25-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2011 at 02:15 PM   #18
Olivia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
Now I want to switch my program. lol So I am looking at the website and I have some credits like kin, bio, chem..but no medrad courses. How you liking your courses so far? Lots of keeners?
Welllll, physics (MedRadSci 1C03) has been a pain because the prof likes to pull numbers out of his ass lol and first term the only actual Med Rad course I had was 1A03: Intro to Med Rad Sci, and that one was cool. You get to learn where a lot of medical terminology comes from, what each specialization involves, how most of the equipment works, etc. Now I've got 1D03: Professional Practice, the stupid physics and 1B03: Intro to Pathology. Patho is absolutely amazing, the prof is interesting and the material is appealing. Professional Practice on the other hand is just irritating lol there's all these stupid learning styles and basically all they want us to comprehend is that we all learn differently and that we're bound to screw up in the workplace, so we need to learn from our mistakes..that class is a waste of time, dragging it on for an entire term is pointless haha but it's generally easy so I shouldn't complain. Basically this term has been a piece of cake so far.
The only required courses for first year are bio, math (1LS3 or 1A03), anatomy and physiology I and II, 2 electives, and the 4 MedRadSci courses I mentioned above. I'm pretty sure if you have all of those you're good to go, they basically only emphasized that we can't get into 2nd year without 30 credits. In other words, you could use chem as an elective.

jeboi7 says thanks to Olivia. for this post.
Old 01-25-2011 at 02:25 PM   #19
Drizzy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
Welllll, physics (MedRadSci 1C03) has been a pain because the prof likes to pull numbers out of his ass lol and first term the only actual Med Rad course I had was 1A03: Intro to Med Rad Sci, and that one was cool. You get to learn where a lot of medical terminology comes from, what each specialization involves, how most of the equipment works, etc. Now I've got 1D03: Professional Practice, the stupid physics and 1B03: Intro to Pathology. Patho is absolutely amazing, the prof is interesting and the material is appealing. Professional Practice on the other hand is just irritating lol there's all these stupid learning styles and basically all they want us to comprehend is that we all learn differently and that we're bound to screw up in the workplace, so we need to learn from our mistakes..that class is a waste of time, dragging it on for an entire term is pointless haha but it's generally easy so I shouldn't complain. Basically this term has been a piece of cake so far.
The only required courses for first year are bio, math (1LS3 or 1A03), anatomy and physiology I and II, 2 electives, and the 4 MedRadSci courses I mentioned above. I'm pretty sure if you have all of those you're good to go, they basically only emphasized that we can't get into 2nd year without 30 credits. In other words, you could use chem as an elective.
Hmm ya i agree with you
Old 01-25-2011 at 03:37 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Damn, I should have went into med rad... but I'm getting there, sort of..
Old 01-25-2011 at 04:06 PM   #21
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

Hey Olivia if Regi is teaching patho this year study using her note outlines and you'll do well.

Olivia. says thanks to zombiejesus for this post.
Old 01-25-2011 at 04:47 PM   #22
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Is it possible to take medrad 1a03 with the other medrad courses in 1 term? So I can just take all medrad courses in 1 term and then move on to the 2nd year stream since I have everything else (chem 1a03 as an elective, I have math 1a03, kin I&II, and bio1a03) under my belt. Also how high does your GPA have to be? Mine is at around 6 now...I doubt that is good enough for 20 spots in Radiation Therapy. lol

What was the medrad mean grade from 1st term if you know? My friends in Life Science have around 7-8 so mine isn't that great...I doubt I will be any better in medrad since HS admission averages were similiar.
...Stupid chem 1a03, I want you off my transcript!
Old 01-25-2011 at 04:59 PM   #23
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Is it possible to take medrad 1a03 with the other medrad courses in 1 term? So I can just take all medrad courses in 1 term and then move on to the 2nd year stream since I have everything else (chem 1a03 as an elective, I have math 1a03, kin I&II, and bio1a03) under my belt. Also how high does your GPA have to be? Mine is at around 6 now...I doubt that is good enough for 20 spots in Radiation Therapy. lol

What was the medrad mean grade from 1st term if you know? My friends in Life Science have around 7-8 so mine isn't that great...I doubt I will be any better in medrad since HS admission averages were similiar.
As for your first paragraph, I think that's impossible because we take a skills course in the first semester of our second year which you would be unable to take. You might be able to take stats and psych in your first year if you were to stanfer into med rad though. I really recommend you go speak with Nancy Brand on the first floor of GSB as soon as possible if you are interested in med rad.

I was able to transfer into med rad with a 7 two years ago. My friend tried to transfer into med rad with ~ an 8 last year and was unsuccessful.

Last edited by zombiejesus : 01-25-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2011 at 05:17 PM   #24
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Welllll, physics (MedRadSci 1C03) has been a pain because the prof likes to pull numbers out of his ass lol...
I'm just going to assume you're learning electricity and magnetism right now? Just wait until you get to the wave physics and x-ray production and radioactivity; that's when it gets interesting and you'll enjoy it.

Last edited by _Luu_ : 01-25-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2011 at 12:00 AM   #25
Olivia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiejesus View Post
Hey Olivia if Regi is teaching patho this year study using her note outlines and you'll do well.
Actually it's Tuttle, any idea if it'll be the same situation ?

Quote:

In all honesty, I'm guessing when I say that most of my friends in the program seem to have around an 8.. If you're serious about wanting to transfer you should go see someone though, I'd feel bad giving you misleading information lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
I'm just going to assume you're learning electricity and magnetism right now? Just wait until you get to the wave physics and x-ray production and radioactivity; that's when it gets interesting and you'll enjoy it.
Yes, that's exactly what we're doing..I can hardly keep my freaking eyes open in that class anymore. That course is smothering my love of physics! D: but it's encouraging to hear it gets better, so thanks!
Old 01-28-2011 at 01:22 PM   #26
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Ya, I talked with Nancy Brand few days ago and I left feeling like crap. As encouraging as she was, she told me that my average is too low to even consider applying to med rad level I. The worst thing is the GPA is intended to exist forever so applying as a HS applicant again isn't even an option. It sucks, I don't even know what to do.

Olivia, your friends must be smart b/c an 8 is pretty high, Nancy told me that a 6 should be good enough to pass level I. lol