MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to submit doc note? Cassandraa87 Academics 9 02-03-2010 03:39 PM
On another another lighter note - soccer anyone? _Luu_ General Discussion 39 07-06-2009 01:15 PM
TRICK OR TREAT for SICK KIDS Chad General Discussion 1 10-21-2008 07:59 PM
100 Dollars Note zaidyusufani General Discussion 4 08-23-2008 11:30 AM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Getting a sick note?

Old 10-19-2010 at 09:18 AM   #1
crispyduck

Liked: 0 Times

Getting a sick note?
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a doctor that provides sick notes for a small fee (or not)? I've heard about such guys, and desperately need one today. I'm not particularly sick but missed an exam. What are some good ways to get a sick note even with these circumstances? Fake symptoms, little surprise for the doctor, or real(ish) symptoms like fatigue and stress? Please help me out here! If anyone has any knowledge or know-of any docs please let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited by crispyduck : 10-19-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-19-2010 at 09:59 AM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyduck View Post
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a doctor that provides sick notes for a small fee (or not)? I've heard about such guys, and desperately need one today. I'm not particularly sick but missed an exam. What are some good ways to get a sick note even with these circumstances? Fake symptoms, little surprise for the doctor, or real(ish) symptoms like fatigue and stress? Please help me out here! If anyone has any knowledge or know-of any docs please let me know!

Thanks!
I hope you're failing at trolling, because this is illegal. Nice one posting on a public forum.

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 10-19-2010 at 10:13 AM   #3
crispyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I hope you're failing at trolling, because this is illegal. Nice one posting on a public forum.
don't worry i've got connections with the internet police. if anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them. i'm thinking to go in with a 'migraine'.
Old 10-19-2010 at 10:15 AM   #4
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

As for legal ways...you can try talking to the prof. My friend missed his exam once because he slept in, he begged the prof for mercy and she let him rewrite it.

They also started a new system this year where you can use this form: https://pinjap01.mcmaster.ca/msaf/ if you're absent for up to 5 days due to illness and miss any work, no doctor's note required. You can only use it twice per term.

EDIT: That form doesn't apply to actual exams, but if by "exam" you mean you missed a midterm or test, then you can use it.

Last edited by jachill : 10-19-2010 at 10:17 AM.

lizziepizzie says thanks to jachill for this post.
Old 10-19-2010 at 10:20 AM   #5
crispyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post
As for legal ways...you can try talking to the prof. My friend missed his exam once because he slept in, he begged the prof for mercy and she let him rewrite it.

They also started a new system this year where you can use this form: https://pinjap01.mcmaster.ca/msaf/ if you're absent for up to 5 days due to illness and miss any work, no doctor's note required. You can only use it twice per term.

EDIT: That form doesn't apply to actual exams, but if by "exam" you mean you missed a midterm or test, then you can use it.
appreciate the suggestions.

as for talking with the prof, that can go bad. they can always be apathetic and just say 'well you should have prepared for it.' etc. etc. depends on the prof really.

as for that new system, looks good. thanks!

anyone else have any experience with this topic?
Old 10-19-2010 at 10:23 AM   #6
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

go to a walk-in clinic and say you get severe migranes sometimes that you tend to sleep all day through them to ease the pain and unknowingly missed an assignment... hand the doctor the money for the note and you should be set.

crispyduck likes this.
Old 10-19-2010 at 10:39 AM   #7
andru

Liked: 3 Times

yeah what you can do is go to your dean's office too, they usually give you a couple chances without a doctor's note even. basically, you fill out a form explaining what happened, for the 4 years though everyone gets one chance that is not medically related though.
Old 10-19-2010 at 10:56 AM   #8
crispyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes-a-diva* View Post
go to a walk-in clinic and say you get severe migranes sometimes that you tend to sleep all day through them to ease the pain and unknowingly missed an assignment... hand the doctor the money for the note and you should be set.
thanks for the suggestion, this is perfect. do u know how much a doctor's note usually is?
Old 10-19-2010 at 11:24 AM   #9
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyduck View Post
thanks for the suggestion, this is perfect. do u know how much a doctor's note usually is?
You don't need to pay anything, just follow the link posted above, and you're scott free for a test
Old 10-19-2010 at 01:51 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Take your failure like a man.

britb likes this.
Old 10-19-2010 at 02:25 PM   #11
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post

I didn't know that, actually, thanks for the heads up! But it says you can't use it during the exam period. I'm assuming this means actual exams, and not midterms.
Old 10-19-2010 at 02:34 PM   #12
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I didn't know that, actually, thanks for the heads up! But it says you can't use it during the exam period. I'm assuming this means actual exams, and not midterms.
You can use it for tests and assignments, just not final exams... I assume it'll be gone in a year or two due to rampant abuse
Old 10-19-2010 at 02:40 PM   #13
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
You can use it for tests and assignments, just not final exams... I assume it'll be gone in a year or two due to rampant abuse
That sort of reminds me of how, in high school, your assignments can be late but you get 5% of your regular grade for 5 days, and then you get a 0. But NOW they've changed the system so you can hand in the assignment whever you want. What's the point of making due dates, then? I think it's so stupid. Kids are never going to learn to get their stuff in on time and they'll be screwed when they get to uni. It sucks for teachers, too, becasue they get overloaded with papers at the end of the sem.

britb, taylojl like this.
Old 10-19-2010 at 02:57 PM   #14
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Be a man, do the right thing.
Old 10-19-2010 at 03:34 PM   #15
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
That sort of reminds me of how, in high school, your assignments can be late but you get 5% of your regular grade for 5 days, and then you get a 0. But NOW they've changed the system so you can hand in the assignment whever you want. What's the point of making due dates, then? I think it's so stupid. Kids are never going to learn to get their stuff in on time and they'll be screwed when they get to uni. It sucks for teachers, too, becasue they get overloaded with papers at the end of the sem.
My highschool policy was that you couldn't hand in late assignments once they were returned, but if you handed in a late assignment before the others were marked and returned to the class the teacher had to accept them w/o taking off marks. This usually gave you anywhere from a few weeks to a few months extra to do school work... I abused the hell out of that system in Gr. 11 and Gr. 12