MacInsiders Logo

glove use at pillers deli???

Old 07-16-2009 at 11:00 PM   #136
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Back on topic, I've never eaten at Pillars, but I have eaten in many restaurants on 3 different continents where the food was prepped by hand with no gloves, and never got sick.
lol, when I was in Mongolia after I first ate, I had epic diarrhea the entire time I was there. Everyone did that was there; even people visiting from nearby China.

The worst part is that if you were in the middle of no where, and there were no washrooms nearby, no matter how far you walked, everyone could still see you since the country is so flat and there are no trees.

They've got some extremely powerful bacteria there that only the locals seem to be immune to. I like to assume it's an old soviet defense weapon designed to protect the country by incapacitating invaders. :p
Old 07-16-2009 at 11:14 PM   #137
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
lol, when I was in Mongolia after I first ate, I had epic diarrhea the entire time I was there. Everyone did that was there; even people visiting from nearby China.

The worst part is that if you were in the middle of no where, and there were no washrooms nearby, no matter how far you walked, everyone could still see you since the country is so flat and there are no trees.

They've got some extremely powerful bacteria there that only the locals seem to be immune to. I like to assume it's an old soviet defense weapon designed to protect the country by incapacitating invaders. :p
I was worried about that when I went to Egypt, and was warned by everyone about it too, but never got any ill effects. I went exploring Cairo every night, and never ate at the same place twice. Apparently I got lucky. Other people in my hotel were sick from western places like KFC and McD's. But I also have a very tough immune system.
Old 07-17-2009 at 12:35 AM   #138
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
I was worried about that when I went to Egypt, and was warned by everyone about it too, but never got any ill effects. I went exploring Cairo every night, and never ate at the same place twice. Apparently I got lucky. Other people in my hotel were sick from western places like KFC and McD's. But I also have a very tough immune system.
Same.. I'm warned about that whole deal eevry single time.. Yet, I've never gotten sick from it XD
Old 07-17-2009 at 12:45 AM   #139
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Same.. I'm warned about that whole deal eevry single time.. Yet, I've never gotten sick from it XD
It seems silly to me. "Don't eat the local food"? Why not? I didnt spend 12 hours in a plane to eat McDonald's, sorry

micadjems likes this.
Old 07-17-2009 at 12:54 AM   #140
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
It seems silly to me. "Don't eat the local food"? Why not? I didnt spend 12 hours in a plane to eat McDonald's, sorry
Haha, exactly, it really is! Not eating the local food is like omitting half of the international experience right there!

Agreeeed! Although I liked the KFC in Cairo XD
Old 07-17-2009 at 01:25 AM   #141
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha, exactly, it really is! Not eating the local food is like omitting half of the international experience right there!

Agreeeed! Although I liked the KFC in Cairo XD
I found it a lot different, although I have very vague memories of what it was like now. Its been 11 years since I was there. Ive been itching to go back, and tehn I get accepted to school, after only sending out 1 application. Go figure
Old 07-17-2009 at 12:57 PM   #142
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I've traveled to a fair number of foreign countries via cruises, and never once eaten the local food, or any food that wasn't from the ship. The closest I came was a can of Coke in Puerto Rico.

I'm kindof a coward that way. >.<
Old 07-17-2009 at 02:11 PM   #143
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
I've traveled to a fair number of foreign countries via cruises, and never once eaten the local food, or any food that wasn't from the ship. The closest I came was a can of Coke in Puerto Rico.

I'm kindof a coward that way. >.<
Better safe than sorry!
Old 07-17-2009 at 02:26 PM   #144
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I found it a lot different, although I have very vague memories of what it was like now. Its been 11 years since I was there. Ive been itching to go back, and tehn I get accepted to school, after only sending out 1 application. Go figure
Haha, I was there about 2 summers ago.. And it was soo much better than the last time I was there.. hmm 4 years before that, or something. Hopefully it'll be even better next summer!
Haha 1 application =O?!

Andrew- it's always good to be safe, I guess. But the whole, better safe than sorry thing shouldn't apply here :(
Old 07-17-2009 at 02:31 PM   #145
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
I've traveled to a fair number of foreign countries via cruises
The only thing worse than a cruise to me is Disney Land/World.

daisy likes this.
Old 07-17-2009 at 02:36 PM   #146
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
The only thing worse than a cruise to me is Disney Land/World.
Hey! I actually wanna go there XD

By the way, the topics discusses are completely irrelevant to the main topic.. It's better if we start a new thread instead

lorend says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.