MacInsiders Logo

glove use at pillers deli???

Old 07-13-2009 at 06:42 PM   #31
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey View Post
has anyone personally gotten sick from a piller's sandwich? i haven't and i eat there quite frequently.
I ate there a lot last year and I didn't get sick, thankfully.
Old 07-13-2009 at 07:23 PM   #32
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

same, i notice they wash their hands pretty frequently, and they wash their hands the RIGHT way haha, they even have pictures to help them
Old 07-13-2009 at 07:52 PM   #33
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

The only issue I would have is if they wiped their food counter with a rag using their bare hands and THEN proceeded to make my sandwich (without hand washing).

Otherwise, I think Piller's isn't all that bad about it. Plus that (Italian?) lady in the blue is very sweet.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:25 PM   #34
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love that... Chicken Bacon Ranchero or something, I can't remember the exact same, but damn!! Haha. It was good. Had it all the time.

myoozik likes this.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:26 PM   #35
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love that... Chicken Bacon Ranchero or something, I can't remember the exact same, but damn!! Haha. It was good. Had it all the time.
OH MAN That is the ONLY thing I get. hahaha chicken bacon ranchero on spinach. Even if it's the only thing I eat that day, I'm good to go.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:27 PM   #36
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoozik View Post
OH MAN That is the ONLY thing I get. hahaha chicken bacon ranchero on spinach. Even if it's the only thing I eat that day, I'm good to go.
I used to get that a lot in first year. In second year though, I started ordering the "Club fed" on a white sub, and trying a new sauce every time.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:29 PM   #37
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Awesomee =D
Their wraps are insanely filling, which is good since food tends to be pricey in our little student centre. I like the sandwich form better though sometimes.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:38 PM   #38
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Ew! Just reading the first few posts.. I thought it was required by any fast food place or even restaurants to have gloves/hairnet etc ..
Especially after what nino mentionned =O
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:39 PM   #39
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Ew! Just reading the first few posts.. I thought it was required by any fast food place or even restaurants to have gloves/hairnet etc ..
Especially after what nino mentionned =O
They have hairnets. No gloves though unless you request it.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:42 PM   #40
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
They have hairnets. No gloves though unless you request it.
That's really odd.. I don't think I've experienced that before.. =S.. Where you actually request your food to be made with gloves on.. ?
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:45 PM   #41
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
That's really odd.. I don't think I've experienced that before.. =S.. Where you actually request your food to be made with gloves on.. ?
Well I don't think anyone/very few people request gloves. Regardless of what you hear, they DO wash their hands....A LOT. I've waited in a line before where you can see them washing their hands multiple times thoroughly.

.:callen:., ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:45 PM   #42
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Yep, its across the board with all food preparation places at Mac.

As was stated, it is more sanitary than gloves.

Taunton, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to .:callen:. for this post.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:59 PM   #43
stressedspec
Account Locked

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex McColl View Post
Has Mac become so PC that I'm the only one that raises an eyebrow at that?

What a waste of food. Think about it this way, she touched pork before touching your Halal meat. Did she use the same knife to cut your food? Did she prep it on the same cutting board? Did she store it and stock it in the same fridge at the same time?

It's one thing for someone with an Allergy to make them redo something. That's not religious fundamentalism, that's wanting to stay Alive!

Tell me, do you refuse to use hand sanitizer because of the Alcohol? When you get a needle or blood work done, do you let them swab with Alcohol first? Would you refuse treatment at a Hospital because of all the Purel?

Would you shake the hand of a gay man? Sodomy carries the death penalty in Iran, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, UAE, Yemen, Mauritania and Somalia because of Sharia law.

To those of you who are very PC and offended by the culture clash I've unleashed remember that most of the time good things happen when cultures clash:

"In a more culturally confident age, the British in India were faced with the practice of “suttee” — the tradition of burning widows on the funeral pyres of their husbands. Gen. Sir Charles Napier was impeccably multicultural:

“You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: When men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks, and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours.”"

- From the book: How the Scots Invented the Modern World
I get where your coming from, its just they sell "halal Meat" so id assume they would prepare it differently. Its a concept that has to be followed. Regarding the interaction with gays, i personally do not have any problems with it. I have no right to judge the sexuality off another human being or to judge them at all. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion." Part 109 verse 6

naimaa, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to stressedspec for this post.

daisy, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:49 PM   #44
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex McColl View Post
Has Mac become so PC that I'm the only one that raises an eyebrow at that?

What a waste of food. Think about it this way, she touched pork before touching your Halal meat. Did she use the same knife to cut your food? Did she prep it on the same cutting board? Did she store it and stock it in the same fridge at the same time?

It's one thing for someone with an Allergy to make them redo something. That's not religious fundamentalism, that's wanting to stay Alive!

Tell me, do you refuse to use hand sanitizer because of the Alcohol? When you get a needle or blood work done, do you let them swab with Alcohol first? Would you refuse treatment at a Hospital because of all the Purel?

Would you shake the hand of a gay man? Sodomy carries the death penalty in Iran, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, UAE, Yemen, Mauritania and Somalia because of Sharia law.

To those of you who are very PC and offended by the culture clash I've unleashed remember that most of the time good things happen when cultures clash:

"In a more culturally confident age, the British in India were faced with the practice of “suttee” — the tradition of burning widows on the funeral pyres of their husbands. Gen. Sir Charles Napier was impeccably multicultural:

“You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: When men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks, and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours.”"

- From the book: How the Scots Invented the Modern World

I'm not sure what you are on about here, :S According to the majority of moderate viewpoints on Alcohol, the usage of alcohol depends entirely on "intentions"; Alcohol swabs and sanitizers are being used for medical purposes not for intoxication, why would the above mentioned individual be offended? Also if you aren't aware alot of medical usage Alcohol products are synthetic, hence removing the Corn, Barley, Grape(for some schools of thought) stipulation as a source for Haram(illegal) alcohol.

Even your second point is rather silly, how is shaking a hand sodomy? Sodomy by dictionary definition is Intercourse between people of the same sex. I'm sorry but I really find that point by you as highly offensive and insensitive. If it was an attempt at satire, I would say bringing religion into your attempts is a pretty sad way to invite the attention and ire of people of Muslim Faith on this forum. You are finding it "ridiculous" that people have issues with handling of Pork and Halal food but your response isn't the most neutral either!

And while I do admit that it was an unfortunate loss of food, it is a loss that will be avoided in the future by the server lady if she remembers to keep things seperate. There are only a handful(3-4 according to last count) of Halal options on campus, and no one complains! People do have a right to follow their religion in peace without someone remarking at how ridiculous it is, I understand that Christianity as a religion is less restrictive, but that shouldn't mean someone's claim of being "fundamentalist" is something entirely negative.

Also this isn't different from any fast food restaurant; I've recently started working at A&W and you'll be surprised at the amount of perfectly good Food that gets thrown away for various reasons the whole day! And yes I do handle Bacon without complaining as well, why? Because its "work".

Live and let live Sir!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 07-13-2009 at 09:54 PM.

daisy, naimaa, stressedspec all say thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.
Old 07-13-2009 at 10:13 PM   #45
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

This is hilarious. There are tons of restaurants where employees don't wash their hands and spit in your food if you end up complaining. Not wearing gloves is the least of your concerns, at least they're hand washing : )