MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clinical Placement + Criminal Record = Possible disaster?? aw07 General Discussion 12 07-04-2011 03:54 PM
Get Swabbed! Just Broke the World Record wfingrut MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-02-2010 11:26 PM
Golden Key Society nerual Academics 39 08-28-2010 01:55 PM
Record/music stores in Hamilton? mazza General Discussion 9 10-11-2008 02:01 AM
Golden Key Society thejason Clubs & Groups 2 10-02-2006 08:37 PM

The Golden Record

Old 02-21-2012 at 05:08 PM   #1
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

The Golden Record
So most of us know that Voyager space craft is still going powered since the 1977 and is expected to run out and lose signal to NASA and By then it will be just a piece of metal floating in a trajectory heading to a new star which might take thousands of years. But what If the voyager finds its way to a new planet with aliens? The golden Record will show those people who we are ..

The golden record : http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/goldenrec.html

Last edited by Reda : 02-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Eternal Fire likes this.
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:19 PM   #2
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Vsauce did a cool video about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QPcclYWOr4

Reda likes this.
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:21 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

^^ edit i doubt that they are "humans" per say but none the less the thought of an extraterrestrial species actually discovering it is quite riveting and whats more is the thought that one day they may be able to use it to guide themselves to us here on earth.
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:21 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
So most of us know that Voyager space craft is still going powered since the 1977 and is expected to run out and lose signal to NASA and By then it will be just a piece of metal floating in a trajectory heading to a new star which might take thousands of years. But what If the voyager finds its way to a new planet with humans? The golden Record will show those people who we are ..

The golden record : http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/goldenrec.html
Neato! But a planet with humans... really?
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:27 PM   #5
Reda
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post

Thats where I got it from , Vsauce is like finding a treasure , I hope everyone watches Vsause Videos !!!!!

Thats the only channel im subscribed to
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:28 PM   #6
Reda
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Neato! But a planet with humans... really?
Oh didnt mean that I changed it to aliens . But who knows , what if there is a solar system just like ours ?
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:46 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
Oh didnt mean that I changed it to aliens . But who knows , what if there is a solar system just like ours ?
Well we're largely a part of freak changes (cambrian explosion, etc), so I wouldn't hold out much hope that there will just happen to be the same series of events that produce any other creatures out there

Given the craft's trajectory, statistically speaking, the likelihood that a powered-down piece of debris will just happen to float through a solar system with intelligent life is, well... low.

And if somebody smart finds it, theres basically a map to where we are, so if they're evil, we're going to be invaded!

Eternal Fire likes this.
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:53 PM   #8
Reda
Elite Member

There are 300 sextillion Stars . This just boggles my mind as what type of thinks we don't know about what ever THIS (everything) is.... I think there are life forms like us maybe ahead of us in technology and behind. Maybe when we were still in caves other planets in diff galaxy where doing internet memes :p

RyanC likes this.
Old 02-21-2012 at 05:58 PM   #9
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post

I first came to know about the Golden Disks in the TV show Beast Wars when I was a kid

Ahh this brings back memories of nostalgia!