MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CIBC Run for the Cure Katy Volunteering Opportunities 4 09-23-2010 01:20 PM
To hang or not to hang ViktorVaughn General Discussion 17 04-24-2010 11:07 PM
Shave for a Cure Chad General Discussion 1 10-25-2007 04:55 PM
Shave For A Cure Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-22-2007 08:30 PM
Exam stress? We have the cure Chad Exam Prep and Studying Tips 0 04-11-2007 01:37 PM

Good cure to hang over??

Old 10-09-2010 at 09:03 AM   #1
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Good cure to hang over??
Ok well since its thanksgiving weekend me and roomies had drinking games and i drank WAY to much and i woke up at like 7am today and got the worst hang over ever.. think i somehow might still be drunk....but anyways does anyone know a god way to get rid of a hang over (other than not to drink alcohol)
Old 10-09-2010 at 09:25 AM   #2
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
think i somehow might still be drunk....
LOL I know the feeling.

I wish I knew the instant cure to a hangover. The best I have is just drink tons and tons of water to flush it out of your system. Otherwise time is the only cure. But instead of sitting on the couch I suggest doing something to distract you from the nausea. As weird as this sounds, I don't mind taking a shift at work because it helps me focus on something else and by the end of the shift I feel much better. Sometimes I work out too just to sweat it out - not sure if that actually makes a difference but it takes my mind off it.

Go out with your friends and do something, that'll help too - when I'm hungover my friends make me go out with them to get a greasey breakfast. lol
Old 10-09-2010 at 09:39 AM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Best thing to do is to drink a SHIT ton of water while you drink and before you go to bed. Also indulge in some carbs (bread/bananas) before going to bed and when you wake up. It soaks it up.

Make yourself puke if you feel like you have to. Insta-feel better cure.

But the water thing is key. People always make fun of me for it but I rarely get a hangover. xD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-09-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:06 AM   #4
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

water before bed for sure. but if you wake up with one take some tylenol and water and shower.
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:29 AM   #5
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I like a bottle of water and a nice greasy breakfast, but I've also been told more alcohol works : |

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:36 AM   #6
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I've never understood the purpose of drinking, its like people try and make it synonymous with having a good time. If you cant have a "good time" without getting hammered there's something wrong with you and your friends.

Old 10-09-2010 at 10:39 AM   #7
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
I've never understood the purpose of drinking, its like people try and make it synonymous with having a good time. If you cant have a "good time" without getting hammered there's something wrong with you and your friends.
I'm pretty sure the OP didn't start this thread to get lectured.
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:40 AM   #8
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP didn't start this thread to get lectured.
I'm pretty sure I didn't want you to respond, woman.

Old 10-09-2010 at 10:44 AM   #9
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

The best cure is not drinking in the first place.

Andrew A, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:53 AM   #10
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

I may have been there a time or two in the last 2 decades... water and tylenol right before you sleep and greasy breakfast when you wake up. I have a friend who swears by McD's cheeseburgers the following morning but I cannot speak to the remedial effects of that one.
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:49 AM   #11
Cirrhosis

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
Ok well since its thanksgiving weekend me and roomies had drinking games and i drank WAY to much and i woke up at like 7am today and got the worst hang over ever.. think i somehow might still be drunk....but anyways does anyone know a god way to get rid of a hang over (other than not to drink alcohol)
Pop 3-4 Gravol.

Sleep.

You be fine.
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:59 AM   #12
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant View Post
Its because drinking "is really cool" and now since they are all grown up and in uni heck they wanna get drunk

Last edited by jhan523 : 10-09-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2010 at 01:00 PM   #13
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
water before bed for sure. but if you wake up with one take some tylenol and water and shower.
DON'T take Tylenol when you drink unless you want permanent liver damage!!! Take advil or aspirin instead. When you drink, your liver can't metabolize tylenol properly and it WILL have a toxic effect on your system.

TTHX says thanks to drhorrible for this post.

Marlowe, Sideout like this.
Old 10-09-2010 at 01:10 PM   #14
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
Ok well since its thanksgiving weekend me and roomies had drinking games
You know what Thanu? ***** you guys for not inviting me, I hope you enjoy the hangover >_<

P.S.
Tell Jeff to save some Turkey for when I get back, I heard you guys got a huge one
Old 10-09-2010 at 01:11 PM   #15
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

consider an extra large black coffee the next morning; and then a massive breakfast ... a lot of water helps too