Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
google nexus s vs lg optimus 2X cjdzl General Discussion 15 08-21-2011 02:34 PM

Google Nexus 7

Old 08-01-2012 at 08:19 AM   #286
faithcry

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Anyone got anymore cool apps they've come accross? I found one, I think its called "wallpapers for tablets hd" i really like it! the wallpapers are pretty sweet. I havent figured out how to search yet, looks like you can only browse categories.

I also downloaded angry birds for the first time - and regret it, I dont enjoy it at all.

Im thinking of getting dragonvale instead.

netflix is amazing!

Elemental is great.
500px is a good app for backgrounds. personally i dont use it, but i downloaded it when it came out and it had a very nice interface. i can't remember if it has a search, but then again i was playing with it over 2 months ago so i'm sure its improved.

i downloaded destruction or whatever its called, its pretty fun if you like physics! apparatus is also really fun as a problem solver type game. personally i like Spirit HD, the games can either be short or long, and there is an online leaderboard (with hackers >_>) but i'm on there. somewhere...

Melanieee says thanks to faithcry for this post.
Old 08-01-2012 at 12:55 PM   #287
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I got this game called Tank Hero - Laser Wars which is pretty cool. I'd recommend it if you wanna play anything other than tower defence or angry derps.
Old 08-02-2012 at 03:56 PM   #288
EricB89

Liked: 0 Times

FYI, I emailed Google a week ago about how we paid for 2 day shipping but in fact got 3-5 day shipping and today they finally replied and they have fully refunded me the $19.99 shipping cost. The whole preordering was still a mess in my mind (I ordered on July 10th and just received it yesterday) but this does at least show me that they are trying to make it right.
Old 08-02-2012 at 04:57 PM   #289
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

I ordered July 27th, they shipped it on the 30th, and I got it today... loving it so far.
Old 08-02-2012 at 05:14 PM   #290
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Anyone got anymore cool apps they've come accross? I found one, I think its called "wallpapers for tablets hd" i really like it! the wallpapers are pretty sweet. I havent figured out how to search yet, looks like you can only browse categories.

I also downloaded angry birds for the first time - and regret it, I dont enjoy it at all.

Im thinking of getting dragonvale instead.

netflix is amazing!

Elemental is great.
Just download the wallbase app if you want wallpapers.
Old 08-02-2012 at 05:18 PM   #291
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

FYI to any person who's not versed in custom ROMs.

When companies say "stable", they usually mean it's passed their QA with very good results.

When developers say "stable", they just mean nothing *should* break, doesn't mean it won't.

Also, CM stable is never stable and most ROMs require very little background knowledge (unless you're modifying partitions like the Nexus One people are doing now) and they NEVER require coding knowledge.

Writing a bunch of commands in a bash script != coding.

Sorry for double post, been outta practice.
Old 08-02-2012 at 07:34 PM   #292
Andrew A
Elite Member

Well, I highly recommend the keyboard+case I bought to anyone looking for something like this. The case feels nice, the Nexus fits in it perfectly, the keyboard is surprisingly usable considering its size (only issue I've spotted so far is that the "Home" button doesn't do anything - but, oddly enough, Fn+F1 is also labelled as home, and that works), and the case even has a magnet in it so the tablet sleeps when you close it and wakes when you open it. It's basically perfect if you're looking for a keyboard/case combo, really.

EDIT: Oh also Fn+F2 is labelled "Internet" but doesn't launch a browser. I guess it's because the Nexus 7 comes with Chrome rather than the normal Android browser, the one actually called Internet.

Furthermore - Tablet Talk RULES!

Oh, also, I am pleasantly surprised that shortcuts like Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl-T and Ctrl-W work in Chrome . And Alt-Tab even brings up a recent apps switcher!

Last edited by Andrew A : 08-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-02-2012 at 08:02 PM   #293
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Did you guys get any problems so far with your tablets? I'm hearing a lot of noise regarding, raise screen side, backlight bleeding, ghosting, dead pixels or multi-touch defects.

Old 08-02-2012 at 08:14 PM   #294
Andrew A
Elite Member

I have a very slight amount of screen raise on the left edge (when holding it portrait), but it's really not much and not worth returning it over IMO. Otherwise it seems fine. It also has issues with my 802.11N network at home but works fine on my 802.11G, so... yea.
Old 08-02-2012 at 08:29 PM   #295
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Getting mines tomorrow, crossing my fingers.

Old 08-02-2012 at 09:39 PM   #296
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
Did you guys get any problems so far with your tablets? I'm hearing a lot of noise regarding, raise screen side, backlight bleeding, ghosting, dead pixels or multi-touch defects.
No issues so far that I can think of... and I'm really whiny about issues from the get-go.
Old 08-03-2012 at 08:28 AM   #297
faithcry

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
got a little light bleed on the bottom, but can't really tell when you're holding it portrait and besides, the nav bar is there 80% of the time.

I can only notice the bleed when its full black and i have to look pretty hard.

otherwise its fine.
Old 08-07-2012 at 05:53 PM   #298
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

So I'm still loving mine! Noticing a little creakyness when I squeeze the black part on the right side. But it doesn't matter, since its only noticeable when I squeeze it, and I have no need to squeeze it lol.
Old 08-12-2012 at 08:58 PM   #299
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Okay now I'm noticing a horizontal line of pixels that seem to be delayed when some pages load. Like the whole page will load but one line will take an extra half a second to turn from black to normal... hmm. Anyone else?
Old 08-12-2012 at 09:07 PM   #300
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Okay now I'm noticing a horizontal line of pixels that seem to be delayed when some pages load. Like the whole page will load but one line will take an extra half a second to turn from black to normal... hmm. Anyone else?
I have noticed a weird horizontal static noise looking thing occur a couple times (it's super fast and corrects almost instantly) when doing pretty much anything that involves manipulating the screen. It's very infrequent though, so I'm not too concerned.

Also, I've noticed that if you let the tablet completely drain - it will behave strangely. When you plug it in attempt to reuse it right from dead, weird static noise will appear on the screen and the tablet will be completely unresponsive. The tablet also seems to die at ~10% power remaining if you try to play a game or something.

They way you fix it is let it charge for ~5 minutes and then start it up. I think the USB jack doesn't actually provide enough power to run the tablet, and is only capable of charging it; so you need some power in the battery to act as a buffer before it can run.

Melanieee says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.