Editor FIRED from The Sil! Chad General Discussion 1 11-12-2006 12:14 AM

This got me fired up MSU

Old 03-12-2013 at 12:05 PM   #106
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_G View Post
If you would actually read my platform before asking that, it would be clear to see what my plans actually are. I'm not a one-issue candidate.
Are you kidding me? You blatantly hijacked this thread and are assuming that every post is directed towards you. If you want a thread about your platform then go make a thread about your platform. I was directing my initial post towards the OP.

As someone that "frequents a lot of forums" I'd expect you to be aware of this.

Quote:
Not my intention to be rude, I've just frequented a lot of forums and know it to be generally improper etiquette to derail threads.
Old 03-12-2013 at 12:10 PM   #107
Eric_G

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
Are you kidding me? You blatantly hijacked this thread and are assuming that every post is directed towards you. If you want a thread about your platform then go make a thread about your platform. I was directing my initial post towards the OP.
Firstly, you asked directly why you should vote for me and what my plan was. I responded accordingly. Your reply was a literal breakdown of my post, with multiple points of it being targeted. If you did not mean it to be aimed at illiciting a response from me, then I apologize but the content of your post led me to think otherwise. I'm not sure how else one is supposed to take a sentence-by-sentence breakdown of their post.

Secondly, I am not trying to hijack this thread. I made that very clear when I received a blatant platform-oriented question and attempted to redirect them to the topic I had made regarding my platform-- and in doing so received further criticism. Given that after that point discussion has largely been back-and-forth in regards to my platform, I feel my posts are in-line with the current discussion.
Old 03-12-2013 at 12:42 PM   #108
student80137y

Liked: 0 Times

Therefore vote Eric Gills for transparency in university politics. How much money do you spend to be at McMaster? Is it really all going to pay for your course? Where's is your money/future debt going?

Vote Eric Gills!
Old 03-12-2013 at 12:51 PM   #109
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Transparency exists! Ignorance also exists though!

Solve ignorance... Stop going on about transparency while you're quoting public documents!

And if you solve student-body ignorance/apathy, holy sh!t give me a shout.
Old 03-12-2013 at 12:53 PM   #110
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Quote:
Firstly, you asked directly why you should vote for me and what my plan was. I responded accordingly. Your reply was a literal breakdown of my post, with multiple points of it being targeted. If you did not mean it to be aimed at illiciting a response from me, then I apologize but the content of your post led me to think otherwise. I'm not sure how else one is supposed to take a sentence-by-sentence breakdown of their post.

Secondly, I am not trying to hijack this thread. I made that very clear when I received a blatant platform-oriented question and attempted to redirect them to the topic I had made regarding my platform-- and in doing so received further criticism. Given that after that point discussion has largely been back-and-forth in regards to my platform, I feel my posts are in-line with the current discussion.
Firstly, I asked what your plan was and I received a response including a self-righteous "read my platform before posting" remark from you although this thread is not about your platform and it is reasonable to assume I have no idea what it is or where to even find it. Had this been your thread it would be easily accessible in the OP.

Secondly, I was referring to you responding to my initial post as if it was directed towards you. Which it was not, and you randomly took offense to it. But that appears to be a common theme in this thread, where you respond to every single post and assume even the most arbitrary posts are directed towards you. I believe the term for this behavior within online forum communities is thread hijacking.
Old 03-12-2013 at 12:57 PM   #111
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

He actually created a thread about his platform before this one was made: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...nts-75788.html

I truly am curious as to how Eric proposes to fix this problem though. Apathy exists at all levels of politics and very few people know the credentials of even our Prime Minister before they go to the polls (if they go to the polls).