MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xbox in residence revenant Gaming 6 09-22-2010 07:14 PM
Anyone buying/getting an Xbox 360 for Christmas? jjcole Gaming 13 12-25-2009 07:00 PM
Xbox 360 Coming To Mac This Friday! HALO3:ODST General Discussion 21 09-11-2009 06:57 PM
xbox 360. timmyblacks General Discussion 10 04-06-2009 10:56 AM
What do XBOX ads look like in India? Chad Gaming 3 11-24-2006 02:08 PM

Got Xbox LIVE?

Old 11-02-2008 at 06:28 PM   #31
kevinf

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
will live work on res? so i can play cod4? or what...
It is posible to connect the Xbox to MacConnect... On the UTS (university technology services) site their is a link to register a non computer by MAC ID (12 digit hex number of network interface). Warning though, if the online game needs any ports forwarded through the firewall, it may be very laggy/no connection.

edit: http://netman.mcmaster.ca/maconly/reg_nonpc.html is the link
[This information was on the 2nd post in this thread ]
Old 11-03-2008 at 12:14 PM   #32
Danish M

Liked: 0 Times

online must be laggy here i dunno why but all my other pc games are very laggy at certain moments (specially at night). Is anyone else being laggy later on in the evening?

I think if LAN is tried for 360 then there is 0 ping and thus amazing gameplay
PS i dont have a 360 here, my precious is at home.

Flirc Student Dining Sub-Committee member
First year Computer Science Rep

------------
"Good judgement comes from making bad decision"
Old 11-03-2008 at 09:35 PM   #33
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Aww that sucks, well bring it here, cause I got two tv here and probably going to call up couple of friends and finish GOW2 along with 5 other games haah, after midterms ofcourse. finish this in one night. @ off-campus ENG house.

Old 11-03-2008 at 10:14 PM   #34
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

I would imagine that live would be laggy at night in the dorms; the connection is shared between each residence member, and since most students are back at their dorms (watching videos on youtube, reading things on the net etc). It must suck hard for dormers not being able to get their game on;

Don't worry guys, I'll play twice as hard for you all; Gots me some Far Cry 2/Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 coming up in a couple days as well
Old 11-10-2008 at 11:52 AM   #35
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

does anyone know how long it actually takes for it to register with uts? like does someone have to do it or does the system process it manually after you send in the form?
Old 11-11-2008 at 05:36 PM   #36
kevinf

Its a Manual process as far as i know, after you send the request via the form, they should email you within 24 hours to let you know its connected.

@Danish M, it is also very laggy because of firewall, no incomming connection attempts :( Ports are not forwarding to users.

-Kevin
Old 11-16-2008 at 04:34 PM   #37
MackleW

Does your xbox live even work? Mine only works between Midnight and like 5am, otherwise I can join games but I have a crazy 2 second response time and junk like that. But yeah, here is GT: Freedom Pepper
1st year Eng as well.
Old 11-17-2008 at 08:29 PM   #38
Danish M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post
Its a Manual process as far as i know, after you send the request via the form, they should email you within 24 hours to let you know its connected.

@Danish M, it is also very laggy because of firewall, no incomming connection attempts :( Ports are not forwarding to users.

-Kevin
I see, is it possible to let them know what port I can use which they can unblock?
and kevin, its danish from 3rd floor. I came with Azi from flrc meeting to play Cod4 and gears...i bet you remember the headshot i did on someone at the end

Flirc Student Dining Sub-Committee member
First year Computer Science Rep

------------
"Good judgement comes from making bad decision"
Old 11-18-2008 at 07:48 AM   #39
kevinf

I think you have me mixed up, i never played COD4 or gears... see a pic of me on club website on the left side...

Also, the ports are blocked for security reasons, so i dont think they will start opening up any for students.

-Kevin