MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting my Girlfriend a Graduation Gift danallan Dating & Relationships 19 05-25-2010 10:01 AM
Graduation Photos MLSA29 General Discussion 7 12-04-2009 10:16 AM
Is it wrong to collect EI just after graduation? Kathy2 General Discussion 29 11-11-2009 09:43 PM
Graduation deeO Academics 14 07-21-2009 05:26 PM
Graduation Convocation & Reception Allan General Discussion 14 06-13-2009 05:59 AM

Graduation

Old 10-24-2009 at 05:56 PM   #16
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

What I wouldn't give to have any money at this point. Student debt is the worst.
Old 10-24-2009 at 10:43 PM   #17
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

We have a small party at my house with my close family (sisters, brothers, mom and dad) but that's it. They helped pay for school. That was the gift.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 10-24-2009 at 11:15 PM   #18
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
No, I meant someone who is in debt right now, are getting a car rather than the 20,000 to pay for their debt ...

I don't expect a gift as well, just because I don't really want anything and I live at home...drive my parents' car and stuff. but I'm hoping they will pay for my MBA:(

Where are you doing your MBA if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-24-2009 at 11:52 PM   #19
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

just to make it clear, the two sisters i knew weren't my own. looking back at my original post, it sounded so douche-y.

but yeah, i'm already trying to pay my parents back by trying to pay for as much as I can. definitely not expecting anything but for them to come to convocation and maybe a pat on the back. hah
Old 10-25-2009 at 01:05 AM   #20
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

I'm only applying to mac, coz its just down the street and its the cheapest in ontario.
I got accepted to Marangoni institute in milan/london for fashion marketing grad school but I still have to think about it...
but i havent applied at mac yet
Old 10-25-2009 at 09:30 AM   #21
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't understand when people get trips or insane amounts of money when they graduate. My friend got her BA last year and her parents gave her $10,000!

I guess if the parents have the money, they can do whatever they want with it.. But I feel bad for taking like $500 per year from my dad as a gift for my tuition. I would feel terrible taking an expensive gift.
Plus, what fun is that? I'm excited to graduate and start fresh in a crappy apartment, living with my boyfriend, eating kraft dinner because we're so broke, etc. I wouldn't find it fun to have stuff handed to me like a huge grad gift.

Harlequin, Taunton like this.
Old 10-25-2009 at 02:21 PM   #22
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

I agree. My parents wouldn't be able to afford much (unless they're saving for some surprise, but I doubt it), and I really wouldn't want them to give me anything... they know I want to get my class ring and if they helped pay for part of that, I would be extremely happy.

I'm also looking forward to being finished school!