MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graduation Photos MLSA29 General Discussion 7 12-04-2009 10:16 AM
Graduation Katia General Discussion 21 10-25-2009 02:21 PM
Really bummed out about MARMOR 2008 Yearbook....not included starz22 General Discussion 5 08-14-2009 06:05 PM
Graduation deeO Academics 14 07-21-2009 05:26 PM

Graduation Photos + Marmor - What Do I Do?

Old 11-09-2008 at 07:07 AM   #1
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

BY TEMARA BROWN, MACINSIDERS

Graduating this year? If so, you're probably aware of the whole idea of getting your graduation photos taken and what not. But, you may be less aware of how exactly you need to go about it or even what happens with it. Also, that yearbook you get when you graduate.. what's going on with that?!?

Step 1: Schedule grad photo appointment at Lifetouch (that place in the student center beside the pharmacy).
To do that, go to www.lifetouch.com/appointments/mcmasteruniversity . Click on a day on the calendar and pick an available time that works for you. From there, follow the instructions on the website.

Step 2: Show up for the photo!...

There were three plans that you could get and the difference in each was the amount of shots you got to choose from and whether or not you had the 'casual' option (as in you wear whatever clothes you want). I believe I had paid $35 and I got the middle one. The other plans didn't vary in price by much around this point so I believe the bronze plan would have been $30 and the gold would have been $40.

For a listing of FAQ's with LifeTouch, click here.

All of these photos go in the composite and then are sent down to us (eventually) at the marmor to process.

As for the yearbook, your supplementary fees pay for it! You've been paying somewhere around $8 each year in your supplementary fees, which adds up to about $32 by the end.. When you graduate, you give your address to the ALUMNI association. With that information, the yearbook is mailed to you. Make sure you give your info to the alumni so that you still are able to get it!
Old 11-09-2008 at 07:17 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

I remember seeing a poster saying that there was a deadline to get your photo taken in order to be in the yearbook... end of August I think it was.

Lifetouch really needs to have more information available online. Having posters scattered around doesn't inform students enough (people ignore posters!).
Old 11-09-2008 at 11:00 AM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

When I went last year they said you needed to have your picture taken first semester in order for it to be in the composite.

I'm not sure how it would work for the Marmour though...Temara?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-09-2008 at 01:29 PM   #4
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

No one ever told me when I graduated how to actually get my yearbook. In fact, no one seemed to know when I asked around, either. All I ever heard was something to the effect of "we can't mail it to you because the university won't give out your address, and I don't know where you'd go on campus to pick it up". So I never did. Anyone know if I still can? :p
Old 11-09-2008 at 02:25 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

They're still finishing the 2007 yearbook from what I understand (I think? I'm so confused...), so it's quite possible the 2006 one is only just finished. There has been a massive backlog in yearbooks over the past 5-10 years...so a lot of alumni haven't gotten theirs yet.

If you have a current address on your alumni profile (or the address of your parents) the yearbook should be able to get to you.

Temara, please clarify!!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-09-2008 at 03:53 PM   #6
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

So we have to pay the $30-$40 upfront when we take our pictures?
Old 11-09-2008 at 05:07 PM   #7
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
So we have to pay the $30-$40 upfront when we take our pictures?
Yes. From what I understand that's the photographers fee. Does anyone know the difference between the $30 and $35 sitting?
Old 11-09-2008 at 05:15 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

$30 fee -- various shots with gown and whatnot
$35 fee -- shots with gown as well as "normal" clothes

Old 11-09-2008 at 06:18 PM   #9
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
$30 fee -- various shots with gown and whatnot
$35 fee -- shots with gown as well as "normal" clothes
Thanks!
Old 11-09-2008 at 07:17 PM   #10
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I believe you need to have your photo taken in the first semester in order to be in the composite but I'm not certain. I'm saying this from what I remember from when I had my shots done.
For the yearbook, I'm guessing they'd take 2nd semester stuff seeing as how it takes so long for the photos to get to us there.
The 2007 book is being printed now and should be mailed to you before or shortly after Christmas. Make sure you have your address updated with alumni because it is sent out in the mail.
I believe the 2006 book is almost done... there are just a few more things to get finished on that before it's sent out.
If you graduated last year, I'm guestimating that the book will be mailed out in maybe February?
We're pretty much caught up so all further books shouldn't be delayed anymore. (YAY!)
There used to be a problem with releasing the names to put in the yearbook because of a privacy act but I believe it's all been resolved now.