hot water salad13 General Discussion 8 03-16-2009 10:35 PM

Hamilton Tap Water

Old 09-04-2009 at 09:01 PM   #31
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
^^ Reeves, you're too old for these things, just drink water and try to stay healthy :p
Aww, wtf man? You guys are all ganging up on me! I'ma have to roll up on y'all with my walker, and beat you with my cane :p

And If I'm too old for that, You are too young for the Simpsons. It came out when I was 11. I grew up with it :p

Last edited by reeves : 09-04-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:24 PM   #32
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

There's nothing wrong with tap water (With the exception of the remote possiblility of lead plumbing around here). Tap water is more highly regulated than bottled water. Filters are really just a waste of money (except if you're on well water and your water is high in iron/sulphur).

The water in Hamilton is quite good. I have no qualms about it at all.

PS: please don't buy bottled water... use a reuseable/refillable container. Bottled water is a terrible waste of money, terrible for the environment, and perpetuates the concept of "water is a commodity" which is quite dangerous for society.

lorend says thanks to Taunton for this post.

MacLovin likes this.
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:27 PM   #33
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Aww, wtf man? You guys are all ganging up on me! I'ma have to roll up on y'all with my walker, and beat you with my cane :p

And If I'm too old for that, You are too young for the Simpsons. It came out when I was 11. I grew up with it :p
you missed the important part:
Drink water

you were 11 on December 17, 1989 ? :p

btw, @topic: how are clear-o clear filter jugs (i can't even google these :s but I read that name on a forum somewhere) in comparison to Brita?

Last edited by Afzal : 09-04-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:36 PM   #34
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
you missed the important part:
Drink water

you were 11 on December 17, 1989 ? :p

btw, @topic: how are clear-o clear filter jugs (i can't even google these :s but I read that name on a forum somewhere) in comparison to Brita?
Theres lots of water in my Pepsi. And I plead the 5th :p

I've never heard of those other jugs though. Everyone I know has always used Brita. Sorry man.
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:41 PM   #35
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

loool
ah nevermind, here it is
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...949545 78.jsp

Brita's 40-oz pitchers are $12 and Clear2O 72-oz are for sale right now at $25 but reviews state that it might be better than the latter

Last edited by Afzal : 09-04-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:44 PM   #36
lc03

Liked: 0 Times

so I'm staying in res and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this water situation,
should I be buying a Brita jug (will it for sure fit in a mini fridge) or should I buy a tap filter one (will I be able to put it on and take it off the tap in the common kitchen every time I need water or is that against some rule)
thanks so much
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:47 PM   #37
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc03 View Post
so I'm staying in res and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this water situation,
should I be buying a Brita jug (will it for sure fit in a mini fridge) or should I buy a tap filter one (will I be able to put it on and take it off the tap in the common kitchen every time I need water or is that against some rule)
thanks so much
If you insist on buying a filter, you'd most likely need to buy a jug, since only Keyes and Bates rooms have your own personal sink(s). If you happen to live in Keyes or Bates, then do whichever you want.

Last edited by Taunton : 09-04-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:47 PM   #38
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
thanks so much
I don't live in rez, but I saw the fridges coming off a truck today. They're a good size, and Britas come in different sizes, so you should be able to find one that fits. If in doubt, wait to see your fridge, then go pick one up.
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:52 PM   #39
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:

You're older than me. And I thought I was old.

I grew up watching the Simpsons too, I'll have you know! I got to stay up until 8:00 to watch it on Thursday nights in first and second grade!

-------------------

There are common kitchen areas in all of the traditional residences (as well as the shared washrooms). You will have no problems filling a Brita in either/or.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-04-2009 at 09:53 PM   #40
lc03

Liked: 0 Times

I can't believe there is actually a thread for this,
but thanks a lot,
very helpful
:-)
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:17 PM   #41
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
I can't believe there is actually a thread for this,
but thanks a lot,
very helpful
:-)
Lol this thread actually stayed... kind of ... on topic. But then again. It's only on the 2nd page.

Hm... who drinks 2L of water a day? I usually mix it up with like orange juice and... oranges. I like citrus.

OOOOH You should eat a watermelon a day.
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:26 PM   #42
samtheman89

Liked: 18 Times

Simpsons seasons 2-8= Pure Gold.

Simpsons Seasons 10.5- Present = a sad shadow of the golden period.
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:28 PM   #43
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Theres lots of water in my Pepsi.
You won't find any on campus, FYI...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-04-2009 at 11:59 PM   #44
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
You won't find any on campus, FYI...
There's no water on campus?
Old 09-05-2009 at 12:07 AM   #45
NickAcc

Liked: 2 Times

Quote: