MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hamilton Cab 777!!!! jayaprr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-22-2012 12:57 PM
Bus in Hamilton Iconik General Discussion 4 09-18-2012 09:36 AM
Quebec Protesters Visit Hamilton: CBC Hamilton huzaifa47 Politics 18 07-31-2012 12:42 PM
University of Windsor LAN Club kevinf Gaming 0 06-26-2012 03:23 PM
Hamilton Goce General Discussion 25 07-08-2009 04:02 PM

Hamilton to Windsor

Old 03-14-2013 at 09:39 PM   #1
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Hamilton to Windsor
Hey guys, so a friend of mine asked me if there are buses that go from Hamilton to Windsor. I checked and it seems that there aren't any buses that go from Hamilton Go station to Windsor.

What about Greyhound? Are there any Greyhound buses that go from Hamilton to Windsor?

Thanks for the help
Old 03-14-2013 at 09:55 PM   #2
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Yep they have greyhound buses, but it's a 6 hour trip so it'll be fun!

jim1 says thanks to Snowman for this post.
Old 03-14-2013 at 10:33 PM   #3
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Yep they have greyhound buses, but it's a 6 hour trip so it'll be fun!
6 hours? yea that's too much lol, i am assuming the bus makes several stops before getting there.

btw, i tried checking the fares on the greyhound website, but i ended up with several fares and not sure which one to choose (my friend is not a student).

Another question, it seems that there there is a train from Aldershot to Windsor, but on the website, i can't choose "Windsor" as my final destination. I am trying to figure out how much it costs to get there, but i am having some trouble.

http://goweb02.gotransit.com /publi...alculator.aspx

^ you can't choose Windsor as a final destination :/
Old 03-14-2013 at 11:03 PM   #4
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
6 hours? yea that's too much lol, i am assuming the bus makes several stops before getting there.

btw, i tried checking the fares on the greyhound website, but i ended up with several fares and not sure which one to choose (my friend is not a student).

Another question, it seems that there there is a train from Aldershot to Windsor, but on the website, i can't choose "Windsor" as my final destination. I am trying to figure out how much it costs to get there, but i am having some trouble.

You might have to look at Via or another company, Go is more of a commuter train so I'd be suprised if it went the whole way

jim1 likes this.
Old 03-15-2013 at 12:56 AM   #5
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

i heard it was 4 hours and a half
hey what about gotransit ? why only greyhound ?
yea don't think there is a direct route :/
via rail Canada train from Toronto to Windsor $39
maybe your friend could go hammy town to Toronto then from there take the train to Windsor ?

Last edited by Ponyo : 03-15-2013 at 01:04 AM.

jim1 says thanks to Ponyo for this post.
Old 03-15-2013 at 01:16 AM   #6
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
maybe your friend could go hammy town to Toronto then from there take the train to Windsor ?
That will increase his commuting time :/

If anyone happens to know anything about this commute and prices, feel free to post here Thanks!
Old 03-15-2013 at 07:15 AM   #7
Nate1

Liked: 2 Times

The only way to get their is either greyhound or via.
To take via, you would have to leave from aldershot via/go station and it would be $93 to windsor. It is just over 3 1/2 hrs. Also to get to the aldershot station you can take a hamilton bus and then switch over to a burlington bus that will stop there.
To take Greyhound it would be $64(for a non-refundable ticket) from hamilton to windsor, but it would be a 6 hour ride.

jim1 says thanks to Nate1 for this post.
Old 03-15-2013 at 04:02 PM   #8
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
That will increase his commuting time :/

If anyone happens to know anything about this commute and prices, feel free to post here Thanks!
It would be shorter than the bus ride, which is 6 hrs. Why don't you look up prices and compare yourself? You're perfectly capable, and both prices and commute time vary by date and time. Source: I do this commute.

By the way, I don't know about other people in this forum, but I'm not about to go on viarail, GO, and greyhound's website, imput all the info, and give comparison prices to some random dude online. I'm quite happy to point you to the websites and give suggestions, but you do also have Internet so... look up the prices yourself? And then if you have any questions about something that you don't understand, come back and ask.

Your options:
GO to Aldershot, Viarail to Windsor
GO to Toronto, Viarail to Windsor
Greyhound to Windsor, with 1-2 hour stop in London

Oh, by the way, Viarail is having a 50% off sale on adult tickets either right now or soonish. Check their website. However, the cheapest options for Fridays (H-->W) this week and next, as well as Sundays (W-->H)this week are sold out. I'm actually going down next weekend. :/ Sucks.

Entropy, RyanC like this.
Old 03-15-2013 at 05:29 PM   #9
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
Why don't you look up prices and compare yourself?

By the way, I don't know about other people in this forum, but I'm not about to go on viarail, GO, and greyhound's website, imput all the info, and give comparison prices to some random dude online. I'm quite happy to point you to the websites and give suggestions, but you do also have Internet so... look up the prices yourself? And then if you have any questions about something that you don't understand, come back and ask.
If you don't want to help, then don't help. I looked up the prices myself and was confused on the greyhound website.

And what part of :
Quote:

didn't you understand? It didn't let me choose Windsor as a final destination, how am i supposed to get the prices?

I am perfectly capable of researching myself, so next time you decide to bitch around, think twice.
Old 03-15-2013 at 05:47 PM   #10
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Quote:
If you don't want to help, then don't help. I looked up the prices myself and was confused on the greyhound website.

And what part of :

didn't you understand? It didn't let me choose Windsor as a final destination, how am i supposed to get the prices?

I am perfectly capable of researching myself, so next time you decide to bitch around, think twice.
Oh, yeah, please do ignore the fact that I laid out all your options for you and told you about the vialrail 50% off sale, and let you know that the cheapest option is already sold out. And the fact that I said if you run into any questions after checking sites for prices, you can come here and ask. Clearly I'm only here to bitch. Christ, easily offended much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
It would be shorter than the bus ride, which is 6 hrs. Why don't you look up prices and compare yourself? You're perfectly capable, and both prices and commute time vary by date and time. Source: I do this commute.

Your options:
GO to Aldershot, Viarail to Windsor
GO to Toronto, Viarail to Windsor
Greyhound to Windsor, with 1-2 hour stop in London

Oh, by the way, Viarail is having a 50% off sale on adult tickets either right now or soonish. Check their website. However, the cheapest options for Fridays (H-->W) this week and next, as well as Sundays (W-->H)this week are sold out. I'm actually going down next weekend. :/ Sucks.
Would you just look at all these bitchy and non-helpful things that I said.

And, seriously dude--if you Google Greyhound Canada, the first result is www.greyhound.ca . NOT the GO website. Two completely different services.

Last edited by Amaryll : 03-15-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: grammar

RyanC likes this.
Old 03-15-2013 at 05:48 PM   #11
Ponyo

hahahahahaha XD WOW Amaryll read the question carefully before giving out an answer like that
how the hell is he supposed to know the price if he clearly stated he was having trouble finding the route !!! so he DID CHECK but he had trouble and came and asked here for help

Old 03-15-2013 at 05:52 PM   #12
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Quote:
hahahahahaha XD WOW Amaryll read the question carefully before giving out an answer like that
how the hell is he supposed to know the price if he clearly stated he was having trouble finding the route !!! so he DID CHECK but he had trouble and came and asked here for help
Well, I see now that the problem was that he completely confused the GO and Greyhound services.

For the record:
GO != greyhound != vialrail != Coach Canada.
Different services = different websites.

I think that's about as clear as I can make that.
Old 03-15-2013 at 06:02 PM   #13
Ponyo

haha did you really just give me a down rating for my post it was completely non offensive haha XD LOL wow so serious on here
no need to get all serious b/c someone DID CHECK but didnt figure it out and so came here for help
if you are so upset with this question and the ppl that answered him move on, no need to waste your precious time
simple

Old 03-15-2013 at 06:06 PM   #14
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
haha did you really just give me a down rating for my post it was completely non offensive haha XD LOL wow so serious on here
no need to get all serious b/c someone DID CHECK but didnt figure it out and so came here for help
if you are so upset with this question and the ppl that answered him move on, no need to waste your precious time
simple
Don't waste your time with her...

and better,

Ponyo likes this.
Old 03-15-2013 at 06:07 PM   #15
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Quote:
simple
hahahaha XD LOL wow I now see that trying to help people, laying out all their options for them, and also suggesting on the side that they google a few things on the side is equatable with getting "so upset" LOL haha thanks ppl for showing me the error of my ways XD

It wasn't me who down rated you. I don't downrate unless comments are discriminatory/hateful in some way.