MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happens if you DONT.... shes-a-diva* Academics 1 11-28-2010 01:00 PM
First Year Science Students -- Free pizza and a great second year program option MedPhys First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-04-2010 10:52 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
What dont you like about biking camais General Discussion 23 02-08-2010 03:47 PM
My students in the US dont know math Chad General Discussion 13 08-19-2007 09:14 PM

What happens if I dont get into my 2nd year program?

Old 12-14-2011 at 07:50 PM   #16
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

If you don't get into second year, you could always become a youtube sensation.

Old 12-14-2011 at 08:01 PM   #17
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
Thanks for the tips guys, Some one told me that If I dont get into Management I can go to sally williams and I have to write a letter of why I want to go into the management program, If my reason is good enough then I think they will put me in the management program

is this true?
You re-apply in upper years, and part of the admissions process is writing a letter explaining why you want to be in Management. They use that with your grades and make a decision. Not many get accepted.

Old 12-14-2011 at 09:06 PM   #18
Porsche911

Liked: 7 Times

Definitely go for Society with a business minor if you don't get into Management. All the cutoffs vary from year to year but I don't think Civil will have a killer cutoff. Also, take easy electives. Econ 1B03 and Econ 1BB3 are easy 10+ if you put some work into it.

It's really hard to predict marks since all your courses will be different.

You may find one of your Eng courses (C03 and D04) easier than the one you're taking now. There's a lot of variance in these classes, some people scrape by and others get easy 12s.

When I was in Eng 1, we still had 1Z04 and 1ZZ5 for math, so I can't comment much, but for math just do tons of sample tests/problems as these are a very good indicator of what to expect on the tests. Don't fall behind either.

The other 2 classes in 2nd term are Phys 1E03 and Matls 1M03. I found 1E03 really hard, but I actually didn't do any worse than 1D03, like any course you can potentially do really well if you study right (actually solve CAPA and know the concepts). 1M03 essentially is what replaces Chem 1E03 in second term. I can't really say much about these two since how people did varied a lot.

mfattal says thanks to Porsche911 for this post.
Old 12-15-2011 at 12:20 AM   #19
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche911 View Post
Definitely go for Society with a business minor if you don't get into Management. All the cutoffs vary from year to year but I don't think Civil will have a killer cutoff. Also, take easy electives. Econ 1B03 and Econ 1BB3 are easy 10+ if you put some work into it.

It's really hard to predict marks since all your courses will be different.

You may find one of your Eng courses (C03 and D04) easier than the one you're taking now. There's a lot of variance in these classes, some people scrape by and others get easy 12s.

When I was in Eng 1, we still had 1Z04 and 1ZZ5 for math, so I can't comment much, but for math just do tons of sample tests/problems as these are a very good indicator of what to expect on the tests. Don't fall behind either.

The other 2 classes in 2nd term are Phys 1E03 and Matls 1M03. I found 1E03 really hard, but I actually didn't do any worse than 1D03, like any course you can potentially do really well if you study right (actually solve CAPA and know the concepts). 1M03 essentially is what replaces Chem 1E03 in second term. I can't really say much about these two since how people did varied a lot.
Ya I have the 2 econs, and im doing ok in those, like 9-10 but physics and math are screwing me over

Thanks for the tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
If you don't get into second year, you could always become a youtube sensation.
just remember these words one day