Old 12-19-2010 at 12:00 AM   #46
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Just got the white iPhone 4 , damn it looks so sexy
Old 12-19-2010 at 01:09 AM   #47
MSaleh

Liked: 8 Times

My rooted Galaxy S running Android 2.2.1 will dance circles around your iPhone.
XDA Community win.

But minus that, the iPhone isn't bad. Congrats on your phone, my mom just got an iPhone 4, it's neato.
Old 12-19-2010 at 01:42 AM   #48
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
Yay for bumping 3 month old threads (Y)

Side note, iPhone 4 is amazing and no android can compare, pff.
Old 12-19-2010 at 03:53 AM   #49
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

every1 knows iphones are pieces of garbage. android ftw
Old 12-19-2010 at 04:16 AM   #50
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

dude
why do you have to be such a hater?
Old 12-19-2010 at 09:54 AM   #51
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

andriod is the most fragmented piece f shit out theere
and even with a hummingbird processor it runs more laggy than the iphone fore
but i'll tell you, ios ui is ugly. real god-damn ugly and inconsistent. apple's design isthe worst thing about ios...they've really gone down the drain these last few years
Old 12-19-2010 at 09:55 AM   #52
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
You're so behind the curve. iPhone is soooo yesterday's news. So outdated.
Old 12-19-2010 at 10:20 AM   #53
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
andriod is the most fragmented piece f shit out theere
and even with a hummingbird processor it runs more laggy than the iphone fore
but i'll tell you, ios ui is ugly. real god-damn ugly and inconsistent. apple's design isthe worst thing about ios...they've really gone down the drain these last few years
Fragmentation isn't as big of a problem on Android as some people make it out to be... annoying oem skins, comparatively weak selection of apps, crappy keyboard, speed, battery life, and inconsistent UI design are all much bigger problems on Android than fragmentation.
Old 12-19-2010 at 10:45 AM   #54
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Fragmentation isn't as big of a problem on Android as some people make it out to be... annoying oem skins, comparatively weak selection of apps, crappy keyboard, speed, battery life, and inconsistent UI design are all much bigger problems on Android than fragmentation.
You're right. But I'll tell you, 3rd party apps aside, Gingerbread is a much more attractive and consistent UI than iOS. And I'm an iOS user.

Heck, if it wasn't for 3rd party apps, iOS would be rubbish. But that's why it's better than Android—the App Store and the quality of the top apps.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 12-19-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2010 at 10:53 AM   #55
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
You're right. But I'll tell you, 3rd party apps aside, Gingerbread is a much more attractive and consistent UI than iOS. And I'm an iOS user.

Heck, if it wasn't for 3rd party apps, iOS would be rubbish. But that's why it's better than Android—the App Store and the quality of the top apps.
I haven't had a chance to try out gingerbread yet, but, minus a few issues here and there, Android has looked about as nice as iOS since 2.0.

UI-wise, iOS looked amazing 3 years ago, but it hasn't really evolved much. Android's UI is about as nice and WebOS/WP7 have UIs that are plain better than iOS. The only smartphone UIs that iOS is still considerably better than are Blackberry OS and Symbian and both of those are stuck even further in the past than iOS is.
Old 12-19-2010 at 11:03 AM   #56
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

i had an iphone 4 for a few months, i find the operating system extremely restricting and designed in a rather inefficient manner. Performing simple tasks like turning the brightness down involve going through a few menus or turning wifi etc. I currently use a dell streak running android 2.2, and i love it. I needed something to view lectures on the go that was a phone. With its 5 inch screen it works well.
Old 12-19-2010 at 11:13 AM   #57
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
i had an iphone 4 for a few months, i find the operating system extremely restricting and designed in a rather inefficient manner. Performing simple tasks like turning the brightness down involve going through a few menus or turning wifi etc. I currently use a dell streak running android 2.2, and i love it. I needed something to view lectures on the go that was a phone. With its 5 inch screen it works well.
How does turning down the brightness involved turning the wifi on/off? It doesnt, so don't make it seem like it's a long process. It's literally 2 buttons to get to brightness and it's simple.
Old 12-19-2010 at 11:22 AM   #58
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
How does turning down the brightness involved turning the wifi on/off? It doesnt, so don't make it seem like it's a long process. It's literally 2 buttons to get to brightness and it's simple.
He never said it did. He meant that it takes too long to turn down the brightness or to turn off WiFi. Turning down brightness and turning off WiFi take the same number of taps...3. And although that may not be much (although I'd argue for such essential settings, that's way too many taps), the response time is too long. iOS's transitions are somewhat lengthy. A couple milliseconds don't seem like much, but when you're in a hurry and all you want to do is turn down the brightness, it's much too long.

It's the same reason people have certain browser preferences: the time adds up. You only save a couple milliseconds per page-view by switching browsers, but it feels much faster. Plus, loading methods make a ton of difference, even if there isn't a difference full page-load time. This is similar to transitions on iOS.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 12-19-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2010 at 11:32 AM   #59
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
Your blinded by your obsession with apple.
Old 12-19-2010 at 11:36 AM   #60
BenTran

Liked: 3 Times

Iphone is a nice phone. Love Facetime and the hardware is nice. I also like how it replaced my Ipod and

My old Samsung Galaxy S was a pretty decent phone also. Android OS is pretty slick and the screen was AMAZING. Crystal clear great colors but I don't know why but the battery drains so quickly (probably cause of the screen)

Blackberry 9700 QWERTY keys are unbeatable. Typing emails and text messages was pretty simple and quick. Plus BBM is a nice alternative to text messaging and/or MSN mobile messenger. Just not too many apps.

All phones have its ups and downs. IMO, I love the Iphone 4 but there are some features from my previous phones that I do miss like the Blackberry QWERTY keyboard, email service and they amazing screen of the Galaxy S.