MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sleeping Habit Yakattack General Discussion 26 11-03-2010 11:10 PM
My 1st robbery experienced in this country. myunghm General Discussion 33 10-21-2009 06:21 PM
Roomate issue, sleeping kenvin100 General Discussion 11 09-14-2008 10:13 AM

Have u ever experienced this while sleeping?

Old 11-07-2010 at 12:36 AM   #16
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

had the paralysis thing but not the beeeeeep
Old 11-07-2010 at 01:33 AM   #17
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Old 11-07-2010 at 01:39 AM   #18
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
had the paralysis thing but not the beeeeeep
Beep thing might be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndro me
Old 11-07-2010 at 02:37 AM   #19
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanel View Post
oh wow...quite informative... good thing this doesnt happen to me
Old 11-07-2010 at 07:24 AM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Nope, but my own talking in my sleep wakes me up. >_>

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-07-2010 at 07:44 AM   #21
paulelastic

Liked: 2 Times

It's called Sleep Paralysis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
The loud sounds you hear constitute one of the phases. Many cultures attribute it to demonic visitations, but really, it's a physiological phenomenon.
Old 11-07-2010 at 08:57 AM   #22
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

yea ive had sleep paralysis a few times, and always i get this audio hallucination where i hear an invisible person open my door jump into my bed and start shuffling the sheets, i start freaking out but its SO bloody hard to wake up, it's like being in a straitjacket
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:19 AM   #23
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
yea ive had sleep paralysis a few times, and always i get this audio hallucination where i hear an invisible person open my door jump into my bed and start shuffling the sheets, i start freaking out but its SO bloody hard to wake up, it's like being in a straitjacket
Oh my god. I'm going to have nightmares just thinking about what that would be like. :(
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:23 AM   #24
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Sounds interesting. I'll take it off your hands. =]

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-07-2010 at 09:45 AM   #25
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

This has happened to me before...not a fun experience.

I was in an incredibly boring digital logic class, and as I was falling asleep I would hear a really loud noise and would be scared shitless and couldn't move or open my eyes for a couple of seconds. In those few seconds I was actually thinking to myself "something is seriously wrong here, I hope someone beside me notices and calls 911."

When I was finally able to open my eyes, my heart was racing. I was expecting the whole class to be looking at me because I was sure what happened must have been noticeable in some way, but they weren't.

Stupidly, I fell asleep again and the same thing happened like 10 minutes later. I wasn't quite as freaked out because I knew at least it wasn't going to kill me or anything.

That night, as I was falling asleep in bed, it happened AGAIN. I looked it up online and found out that it was very likely Exploding Head Syndrome, as others in this thread have mentioned. Luckily it has not happened again since that day, but I must say that it is a truly terrifying experience, especially if you don't know what it is.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:07 AM   #26
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

When I was a kid I woke up terrified and saying "i'm gonna die", woke up my whole family and they had to calm me down.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:32 AM   #27
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

Does anyone ever experience a sound delay when they wake up? Totally able to move and stuff but can't hear a sound? Takes about 5 seconds to start hearing again.
:tree:
Old 11-07-2010 at 12:37 PM   #28
sud28

Liked: 2 Times

I experienced the same thing......however i also remember seeing rapid flashes of bright light ... in additon to the loud noise....def sounds like Exploding Head Syndrome.
Old 11-07-2010 at 12:50 PM   #29
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

I sometimes am semi-asleep or asleep and dreaming about going up a flight of stairs, and then I trip... and then my whole body shakes really violently and I wake up.
Old 11-07-2010 at 04:32 PM   #30
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
now THIS has happened to me... often... im in sleep paralysis mode... but sometimes i can feel someone walk across the room and slowly creep onto my bed... i can actually feel the bed sink where they are... then it feels as if i am suffocating... i think i kind of trained myself to ignore it til it stops and i wake up

i think it is stress related tho... because it happened for like a week straight during april exams last year.... but not a single time during summer