MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guys. Guys. Kitten Live Stream. Amaryll General Discussion 7 11-18-2012 10:27 AM
Thode o_O RememberTwce Academics 1 03-22-2011 10:52 AM
Things that are annoying AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 582 12-24-2010 02:43 AM
New Thode Layout? britb General Discussion 7 05-20-2010 08:24 PM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM

Have you guys met this annoying guy at Thode?

Old 03-26-2013 at 09:38 PM   #76
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2012 View Post
Enough snipering. Leave the poor man alone.

the irony in this statement is over 9 billion

Last edited by biglandfarm : 03-26-2013 at 09:46 PM.

britb, lifesciman1 like this.
Old 03-26-2013 at 10:38 PM   #77
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglandfarm View Post

the irony in this statement is over 9 billion
fail... over 9000? get it right haha

biglandfarm likes this.
Old 03-26-2013 at 10:45 PM   #78
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
fail... over 9000? get it right haha
are you sure? i thought it was over 9 billion? I mean i wasent exaggerating at all in my op....
Old 03-26-2013 at 11:01 PM   #79
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

I shall look for this person, y'all have hyped him up, he better be as annoying and asinine as you guys make him out to be

Afsha-noon says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 03-26-2013 at 11:57 PM   #80
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglandfarm View Post
are you sure? i thought it was over 9 billion? I mean i wasent exaggerating at all in my op....
the phrase is its over 9000. just saying. i know youre overexaggerating but thats the line
Old 03-27-2013 at 12:45 AM   #81
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Someone should post a pic or a character impression
Old 03-27-2013 at 01:01 AM   #82
lovekblue

Liked: 7 Times

I believe he is in psych, and doing an experiment on the willingness of people to help.

Afsha-noon, Phaint all say thanks to lovekblue for this post.

brii678, Eric_G, Zebedee, ZSimon like this.
Old 03-27-2013 at 07:19 AM   #83
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Someone should post a pic or a character impression
alright guys, seems like a lot more people know of him than i thought. This is crazy! And for those who are wondering, check this link. This is the guy.

http://www.researchtopolicy. ca/Who.../Edward_Gariba

He will now be known to us @ macinsiders as the Thode man. He almost always wears a black golf hat and has a black, casual looking coat. And of course he has an accent.

Entropy says thanks to omgwtfitsp for this post.

Zebedee, ZSimon like this.
Old 03-27-2013 at 08:25 AM   #84
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
alright guys, seems like a lot more people know of him than i thought. This is crazy! And for those who are wondering, check this link. This is the guy.

http://www.researchtopolicy. ca/Who.../Edward_Gariba

He will now be known to us @ macinsiders as the Thode man. He almost always wears a black golf hat and has a black, casual looking coat. And of course he has an accent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbojones View Post
I can confirm that the OP is not trolling. I worked at the it desk on the second floor of mills last year and this individual harassed the hell out of me. My supervisor told me that he is not a student at McMaster and to not help him. He appears to have moved onto thode.

See HE DOES indeed attend MAC, I didnt think someone would hang around the school for so long if they didnt go here. The man is trying to find his mate after being in school for so long. He just needs a bit of help to know how to go about it in this country.
Old 03-27-2013 at 08:46 AM   #85
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
See HE DOES indeed attend MAC, I didnt think someone would hang around the school for so long if they didnt go here. The man is trying to find his mate after being in school for so long. He just needs a bit of help to know how to go about it in this country.
See but it's not so much about finding his "mate" or w.e its just he's a doctoral student so it says on the link, but he goes around the library wasting students' time by asking them for help on the most ridiculous things! Some posts above even prove this, he asked for help with arrows on a presentation slide? And he doesn't even appreciate the help. He's picky too. How hard is it for a man with his education level to use the mouse and drag the arrows to the boxes on his slides? He's incompetent

Afsha-noon says thanks to omgwtfitsp for this post.
Old 03-27-2013 at 08:51 AM   #86
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
See but it's not so much about finding his "mate" or w.e its just he's a doctoral student so it says on the link, but he goes around the library wasting students' time by asking them for help on the most ridiculous things! Some posts above even prove this, he asked for help with arrows on a presentation slide? And he doesn't even appreciate the help. He's picky too. How hard is it for a man with his education level to use the mouse and drag the arrows to the boxes on his slides? He's incompetent

That is true, but based on the post on that link, I believe he does indeed know how to do the things hes asking for (hes completed undergrad and 2 masters degrees). I think asking people for help is his way of striking up a conversation, so that later on when he sees that person again he can start from somewhere (ex discussing the assignment).

It might be crazy but thats just my thinking.
Old 03-27-2013 at 09:30 AM   #87
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

ITT: many people feel awful after the fact.
Old 03-27-2013 at 09:43 AM   #88
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

LOL I used to work at 2nd floor Mills and Library administration warned me about this guy. I guess he gave up on Mills and went to Thode.

By the way, I told him to find someone else to do his work for him.

britb, omgwtfitsp, Swampis like this.
Old 03-27-2013 at 10:11 AM   #89
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Quote:
His research interests are focused on knowledge transfer and exchange in health care policymaking
Clearly he is proving most of us don't want to transfer knowledge and one should make policies to prevent this sort of mess. The sad part is, he's a doctoral student and smarter than most of us
Old 03-27-2013 at 10:29 AM   #90
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Clearly he is proving most of us don't want to transfer knowledge and one should make policies to prevent this sort of mess. The sad part is, he's a doctoral student and smarter than most of us
Just 'cause you're a doctoral student doesn't necessarily mean you're smart.
just saiyan

hatorade, mc_kumar like this.