MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Sky: I Love My Bike rickmeister Computers & Tech 3 02-16-2010 10:40 PM
Why Do You Love the Library? lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-09-2010 10:50 AM
French: Hate it or Love it? ~*Sara*~ General Discussion 131 09-12-2009 01:11 PM
The I love MSU and SRA thread ferreinm General Discussion 8 06-18-2009 11:54 AM

Having sex if you are not in love....

Old 10-13-2010 at 04:05 AM   #136
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
There you go. Thanks, Souldier. That's what I meant; not just a girl who's smart, but a girl with morals isn't likely to have sex with a guy whom she is not in love with. I ddn't mean that you have to be dumb to have sex. That's twisting my words around.
"Most smart girls aren't stupid enough to have sex with anybody."
That's not twisting your words around, that's exactly what you said.

But really though, get off your high horse. You have no reason to be on one. A girl with morals is completely likely to have sex with somebody she's not in love with. Why?

a) There's more than just the "omg I think marriage is great" moral. Respect, generosity, gratitude, compassion, empathy, honesty, (I can go on, do you really want me to?) None of these have ANYTHING to do with ****ing somebody if you don't love them.
b) Some of us don't add nonsensical intrinsic value to meaningless actions. It is what it is. A pleasurable act that is great before you go to sleep, great to get the day started, or just great in general. And for some reason it's "sacred" because the church says so? Garbage.
c) I can go on but... **** it. I know when I'm wasting my time.

BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW: it's not like ****ing bells go off after you screw somebody.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

drhorrible likes this.
Old 10-13-2010 at 07:35 AM   #137
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Tailsnake is much better at voicing his opinion than I am...
And I agree. I'd like your post if I could see it. >_<

Old 10-13-2010 at 09:30 AM   #138
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
You usually won't see a quality girl partaking in loveless sex.
Exactly. Period.

Old 10-13-2010 at 09:44 AM   #139
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
There you go. Thanks, Souldier. That's what I meant; not just a girl who's smart, but a girl with morals isn't likely to have sex with a guy whom she is not in love with. I ddn't mean that you have to be dumb to have sex. That's twisting my words around.
So because someone doesn't have the values as you then they don't have any morals at all?

It's kind of judgemental to say only people (or in this case only girls) who have no morals have sex without being in love.

I guess that's how the world works though. Anyone who doesn't share the same beliefs and values as yoursef is immoral.

Cliu91, drhorrible, lawleypop like this.
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:45 AM   #140
mudathto

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
My best friend is multi-coloured

Beat that.
I have no friends :(
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:49 AM   #141
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I guess that's how the world works though. Anyone who doesn't share the same beliefs and values as yoursef is immoral.

I can't agree enough with this. People take religious values very seriously and as such, brand anything they don't personally see as being proper as immoral and sinful. It's a sad world we live in where religious teachings of love and acceptance lead to hate and intolerance.

lawleypop, waldo92 like this.
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:53 AM   #142
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
I can't agree enough with this. People take religious values very seriously and as such, brand anything they don't personally see as being proper as immoral and sinful. It's a sad world we live in where religious teachings of love and acceptance lead to hate and intolerance.
Its sad to think that if Jesus was real he'd probably be repulsed by his most ardent followers these days.
Old 10-13-2010 at 10:28 AM   #143
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

yay but i personally wouldnt do it..
Old 10-13-2010 at 10:34 AM   #144
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Most smart girls aren't stupid enough to have sex with anybody. If they're SMART, they think about it first. And I don't mean think as in two minutes before the sex occurs.
Too much of a generalization.
I know smart girls who are total sluts in clubs etc.
Sure they may be book smart, but when it comes down to it, they're probably gonna be banging any guy they see.

Unless by 'smart' you mean girls who are shy, and cautious, they you may have a point.
Old 10-13-2010 at 10:51 AM   #145
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Sure they may be book smart, but when it comes down to it, they're probably gonna be banging any guy they see.

Unless by 'smart' you mean girls who are shy, and cautious, they you may have a point.
What does smart have to do with level of shyness?

Old 10-13-2010 at 11:40 AM   #146
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudathto View Post
I have no friends :(
I has less frends den you.
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:41 AM   #147
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
I think you might be putting sex on a pedestal. It's really not that sacred of an act. Sex and love aren't synonymous. It's a reproductive function at the end of the day, required for the continuation of our species. Hence why we get urges..or "horny". You don't need to be in love to be horny. And if you want to deal with the horny you either a) introduce yourself to Ms. Lopez b) find someone else to take care of it.
Are you saying that "quality girls" should either deny their sexual urges and/or just take care of it themselves?
And does love somehow make sex something more than what it is?

I'm just asking. Personally, I don't care, but I still find it interesting that having sex without love=a lack of morals. How exactly is sex related to morals?
Well if you want to look at it from a biological and reproductive perspective, it actually makes sense for girls to only have sex with a guy who they love, since that guy will be more likely to stay with them and care for their baby.
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:44 AM   #148
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I'm going to ask a simple question: Why?

Apart from your personal interpretation of morality that you seem to be extending over everyone else (and you also seem to be somehow linking morality and intelligence); why can't a smart, moral girl have a casual sexual relationship/encounter?

I personally know a handful of "quality" girls that have had loveless sex with an ex, and one that was in a platonic "sex buddy" relationship. These weren't crazy party girls that were banging w/e came their way, but they did make the conscious decision to have sex with a person they didn't love and I can't see how that would reflect badly on them.
Those girls you mentioned that had sex with their exes likely were still in love with them, and might have been trying to win them back.
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:46 AM   #149
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Well if you want to look at it from a biological and reproductive perspective, it actually makes sense for girls to only have sex with a guy who they love, since that guy will be more likely to stay with them and care for their baby.
-looks at all the guys in the world who ditch a girl as soon as she's pregnant-
(thank god for legal obligations? )

Old 10-13-2010 at 11:47 AM   #150
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post

I don't think by smart she meant book smart, she meant more of girls who make well thought out decisions about who they choose to sleep with. Girls with self respect and dignity, sadly, they're a minority.

lizziepizzie likes this.