MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer credit & SOLAR Otoshigami First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2011 03:19 PM
AP Biology Credit Transfer Jellybeanz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-03-2010 01:48 PM
Transfer Credit precious Academics 7 12-30-2009 11:35 AM
Athabasca Transfer Credit missmatch Academics 4 04-14-2009 11:34 PM
Transfer Credit ! zaidyusufani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-28-2008 02:12 PM

Health Science AP credit transfer

Old 10-20-2013 at 09:06 AM   #1
oasis2020

Liked: 0 Times

Health Science AP credit transfer
I started taking AP's in grade 10 so I have a lot
AP Microeconomics 5
AP Macroeconomics 4
AP Biology 5
AP World History 4
AP Psychology 5
AP Calculus BC 5
AP Chemistry (predicted) 4
AP Statistics (predicted) 4

I'm applying to Health Sciences this year and I was wondering how many of these courses can transfer over/are worth transferring over . On the website it said up to 18 credits and I think these add up to way more than eighteen.

BTW the reason I have so many is because I'm applying to US schools as well
Old 10-20-2013 at 10:56 AM   #2
yoonbora

Liked: 11 Times

you need to contact the faculty of health sciences to find out. check for their email on the mcmaster website. i think they need a copy of your transcript to be able to tell you, though.
Old 10-20-2013 at 01:28 PM   #3
yoni

Liked: 88 Times

there is not really a point in transferring credits because if you are an expert at the material just take the course 'again' - it won't be exactly the same but you should ace it. getting a high gpa is what really matters at the end of the day. taking AP for english is not a bad idea because most professional schools in the states require english and AP or IB might qualify for all or some of the requirement. specific to mac health sci, none of those would be useful except maybe AP statistics if it would get you out of taking HTH SCI 2A03 which I kind of doubt anyways.