MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
transfer?? Ziggi Academics 4 08-17-2010 07:53 PM
GCE O and A Level Credit Transfer tauhaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-12-2010 12:47 PM
Transfer Drkhan Academics 9 02-20-2010 11:49 PM
Transfer credit for Level II elective courses wendy0519 Academics 4 06-14-2009 06:52 PM

Healthsci Level II Transfer

Old 06-13-2010 at 11:34 AM   #1
5411y

Liked: 0 Times

Healthsci Level II Transfer
I was just wondering how the healthsci II transfer program is like.
Old 06-13-2010 at 11:51 AM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I believe you take the Health Sci Level II courseload, only taking inquiry with the first years.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-13-2010 at 03:13 PM   #3
goldfish101

Liked: 19 Times

No, you take an inquiry course that is only for transfer students (hlth sci 2d06) and it runs all year (term 1 and 2) . You just have one less elective than the usual I believe.

goodnews.inc says thanks to goldfish101 for this post.
Old 06-13-2010 at 03:19 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish101 View Post
No, you take an inquiry course that is only for transfer students (hlth sci 2d06) and it runs all year (term 1 and 2) . You just have one less elective than the usual I believe.
It's a different course code, but it's the same class-or so I've heard (i.e. first year inquiry and 2d06 are anti-requisites).
Old 06-13-2010 at 03:29 PM   #5
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
It's a different course code, but it's the same class-or so I've heard (i.e. first year inquiry and 2d06 are anti-requisites).
they are antirequisites because if a first year health sci completed first year inquiry, they cant take 2d06 because it's geared for transfers. the two classes try to establish the same base skills.
Old 06-13-2010 at 06:54 PM   #6
5411y

Liked: 0 Times

Just a silly question, do they transfers get along with the rest of the people in their program? Seeing as how healthsci is such a small program...

Also, what are some career options you are open to with a health science degree other than the obvious "medical school" path?

Furthermore, what are some of the research opportunities presented to health sci students?

How are the relationships with the profs?
Old 06-13-2010 at 07:09 PM   #7
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

This website is your guide to everything health sci: http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/bhsc/index.html

From the post-graduate section:
Quote:
Graduates from this program have many options:

Apply to a professional school (i.e. Medicine, Dentistry, Rehabilitation Sciences)

Apply to graduate school to pursue medical sciences, MBA or MHA Programs with a focus on health

Obtain employment in the health care field (i.e. insurance industry, hospital, community agencies and pharmaceutical industry.
Not sure about research opportunities: pretty sure it's the same as regular science students, however, if you get to know certain professors and such, you can go on to see if they have any research positions avaliable.

Relationships with the profs are great...because of the smaller class sizes, you can get to know them if you attend office hours and ask questions. You get to know your facilitators pretty well too.

Also, I'm just going into second year now, but I HOPE transfers will feel welcomed into the health sci family! =) Usually health scis are really nice!!!