MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ball Hockey Scuderia Athletics & Recreation 5 09-08-2010 03:46 PM
Hockey Gold! britb Athletics & Recreation 13 03-02-2010 09:31 PM
Not that I follow hockey, lawleypop Athletics & Recreation 21 02-22-2010 10:50 PM
Hockey at Mac reeves General Discussion 23 09-10-2009 09:54 PM

I heard that hockey fans like hockey...confirm?

Old 06-16-2011 at 01:56 AM   #1
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

I heard that hockey fans like hockey...confirm?
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...ColumbiaH ome

A bunch of us just watched the livestream of the riot tonight...

I'm not really into hockey myself, but it seems some people "love" this game way too much rofl.

For those who don't know what happened...

tl;dr Vancouver canuck fans are sore losers and decided to riot in the city after getting raped in stanley cup finals. Lots of damage, injuries and etc.

Discuss.
Old 06-16-2011 at 01:59 AM   #2
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

I honestly don't understand why they're doing this. It looks like the G20. The only difference? At least those protests were somewhat reasonable..
Old 06-16-2011 at 02:10 AM   #3
WillCampbell
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 14 Times

They are just passionate about the Swedes that lost us the cup!
Old 06-16-2011 at 02:17 AM   #4
Krusenik
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
I honestly don't understand why they're doing this. It looks like the G20. The only difference? At least those protests were somewhat reasonable..
What do you mean when you say reasonable? Reasonable in the sense of why they were protesting? Or reasonable in the sense that they weren't as violent? (probably not the latter lol)

The G20 was also pretty bad imo. I was there live on the day of, there were bottles filled with feces and it was quite an interesting experience....usually only see that stuff on movies. I think the internet has really desensitized me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillCampbell View Post
They are just passionate about the Swedes that lost us the cup!
Swedes?? What's going on?

MY THEORY:
Vancouver Canucks suck now that they lost Matt Sundin! (former maple leafs captain) yeah....star talent that carried the canucks! (k i don't know jack shit about hockey)
Old 06-16-2011 at 02:21 AM   #5
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

One word...

Failsauce
Old 06-16-2011 at 02:21 AM   #6
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
What do you mean when you say reasonable? Reasonable in the sense of why they were protesting? Or reasonable in the sense that they weren't as violent? (probably not the latter lol)

The G20 was also pretty bad imo. I was there live on the day of, there were bottles filled with feces and it was quite an interesting experience....usually only see that stuff on movies. I think the internet has really desensitized me...
Yeah, my bad. I meant I can understand why they were protesting (I don't agree with it, imho), whereas I don't even understand how losing one game warrants a mass riot like this.. I expect it from Habs fans, because they're crazy, but not Canucks..
Old 06-16-2011 at 02:34 AM   #7
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

Why would you tear apart your own city after your team loses? That's just stupid, and unfair to all those people who got their cars lit on fire/had their business' windows smashed/looted.

If I were on the NHL board, I'd punish the fans by not allowing the canucks to play a game at home for a set period of time.
Old 06-16-2011 at 02:40 AM   #8
Krusenik
Elite Member

I think they're just super angry that the Canucks played poorly and getting raped in a 0-4 fashion in the final game lol. Kinda like when you're a kid you'd throw a fit if your parents make you do something you don't want to do.

"Maybe just maybe the canucks won't suck so much if i tore this place apart"

syan9184 likes this.
Old 06-16-2011 at 04:20 AM   #9
Sheikia

Liked: 15 Times

Wow. That is incredibly disturbing. What really got to me was this : "A ctvbc.ca reader sent in a photo of a man in a Bruins jersey lying on Georgia Street, blood streaming from his face."

It's one thing to burn cars and break windows, but to aim your violence and anger at another person, especially just because they were there to support their team, is absolutely horrible.

Imagine the excitement of having the chance to see the game 7 stanley cup final game with your favourite team, having your team win a very deserved victory and then, on a high, you go out to celebrate, only to get beaten on the streets because you were showing your support.

I love the city of Vancouver, but that is just ridiculous.
Old 06-16-2011 at 09:07 AM   #10
leech3

Liked: 2 Times

Riots happen all time when it comes to sports finals.
Last year, the Lakers won in LA and there were still riots from their fans. lol
Old 06-16-2011 at 09:08 AM   #11
Boolean

dem people are as sharp as hammers.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 06-16-2011 at 09:15 AM   #12
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

I hope one day, hockey, and football, and boxing (not mma) are banned, it seems stupid to play a sport where concussions and brain damage are the norm. If you don't become proffesional, you've pretty much maimed yourself for no reason, canada become better at soccer and step your game up.
Old 06-16-2011 at 10:44 AM   #13
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leech3 View Post
Riots happen all time when it comes to sports finals.
Last year, the Lakers won in LA and there were still riots from their fans. lol
Yeah, one of the worst ones was when the Phillies won the World Series in 2008. It was chaos. Still doesn't make it any better though.
Old 06-16-2011 at 10:57 AM   #14
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
I hope one day, hockey, and football, and boxing (not mma) are banned, it seems stupid to play a sport where concussions and brain damage are the norm. If you don't become proffesional, you've pretty much maimed yourself for no reason, canada become better at soccer and step your game up.

I'm not even a huge fan of sports but

....you want hockey to banned?

..................... ..................... ..

get out
Old 06-16-2011 at 10:59 AM   #15
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
But you don't want MMA to be banned?...
The athletes know what they're getting into, it's not the organizations job to protect them.