MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hedden - Introduce yourself! Chad Hedden Hall Forum 108 08-08-2012 10:13 AM
Hedden Double LazyNinja Hedden Hall Forum 9 09-01-2010 09:32 PM
Hedden Hall Hilarity First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-18-2010 11:34 PM
Hedden '08 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 41 08-19-2008 04:05 PM
Hedden Hall '07 lorend Hedden Hall Forum 51 06-04-2008 04:42 PM

Hedden '09

Old 06-30-2009 at 12:14 PM   #31
lilpups

Liked: 0 Times

one of em could always workk.. if not get ready for the stairs..
i lived on the 3rd floor.. an we seldom took the lift 'cus we were too lazy to wait for it.. its sloww..

bu hedden is jus awesome you'll fget the possessed elevator in no time..
Old 06-30-2009 at 02:39 PM   #32
nytrogyn

Liked: 1 Time

so what room types are on first floor?
i hope there's at least one suite or something that could be used for parties haha!

also how many people are on the first floor usually? and the other floors?

Last edited by nytrogyn : 06-30-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2009 at 03:00 PM   #33
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrogyn View Post
so what room types are on first floor?
i hope there's at least one suite or something that could be used for parties haha!

also how many people are on the first floor usually? and the other floors?
There's no suite-- Hedden's a traditional style residence. However, there are 2 common rooms per floor (one on each side).

All the floor have the same floorplan, so as mentioned before, the larger side would have about 20 rooms-- both single and double rooms.

Maybe you should take a look around the housing website.

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...gs/hedden.html
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...Buildings.html
Old 07-08-2009 at 09:22 PM   #34
marinahan

Liked: 0 Times

woo hoo hedden~~
i'll be rooming with a good friend of mine in Hedden 166. Does all double rooms have identical furnitures? are the beds going to be the ones with drawers on the bottom?
Old 07-08-2009 at 10:40 PM   #35
Quester

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinahan View Post
i'll be rooming with a good friend of mine in Hedden 166. Does all double rooms have identical furnitures? are the beds going to be the ones with drawers on the bottom?
All rooms have a wooden chair, wooden desk, and a bed with mattress with 3 drawers on the bottom.

marinahan says thanks to Quester for this post.
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:47 PM   #36
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

i ask for a quiet place and i get hedden...oh God...please make the 2nd floor the most peaceful
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:51 PM   #37
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Just so people know no residence is inherently loud or quiet. The people living there change every year so it differs year to year.

If you ever have issues with noise just talk to a CA, they will deal with it. There are quiet hours in residence, 24 noise ban during exams in all residences. If people are not obeying these rules and respecting quiet hours CAs are there to deal with them.

If you have a problem during the night with noise and you can't sleep or study or whatever then you just have to pick up your phone and call the CA on coverage pager #. They will deal with your issue.

Don't worry about talking to your CA about noise issues. Just because it is residence doesn't mean people should be loud and disorderly and disrespectful of others. This is University and studying is important to most people, as is getting a good night's sleep.
Old 07-09-2009 at 06:37 PM   #38
TheAxtmann

Liked: 3 Times

I'm super stoked for Hedden, moving into 359.
I went to Mac for a tour in highschool, but we never went near Hedden or did like a straight walk across campus. The campus map makes it look really far away from everything (especially the engineering building). Is it actually that bad to get to classes from Hedden?

p.s. Move in day, everyone should come say hi at 359
Old 07-09-2009 at 06:59 PM   #39
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxtmann View Post
I'm super stoked for Hedden, moving into 359.
I went to Mac for a tour in highschool, but we never went near Hedden or did like a straight walk across campus. The campus map makes it look really far away from everything (especially the engineering building). Is it actually that bad to get to classes from Hedden?

p.s. Move in day, everyone should come say hi at 359
Honestly everything around campus is a 10 minute walk away or less.

Hedden is only slightly farther (like by 10 meters) than the other residences in North Quad, Les Prince is the only one that's really far out.

It's maybe 10 mins to the Eng building since that's closer to the other side of campus, but it's really only slightly annoying if you have an 8:30 there or something. Other than that it's not a huge deal. I had an 8:30 in JHE in first year and I lived in Hedden and it wasn't that bad.

In first year your classes will be all over campus usually.

Arts Quad is obviously closest, and DeGroote and then other buildings are a bit of a walk but yeah campus is small. You can get to anywhere in 10 mins or less avg, obviously if you're a slow walker it will be different, I'm a bit of a slow walker so I probably took more.

T13 and like the Pysch building are the farthest from Hedden/North Quad.
Old 07-09-2009 at 07:02 PM   #40
TheAxtmann

Liked: 3 Times

Sounds good, thanks. Like I said, the tour just sorta went all over the place, I didn't really get a good feel for the size of the campus. 10 minutes is nothing, I like in the suburbs, getting to highschool was always a good 25 minute walk. lol

Also, just popped into my head, are wireless routers allowed in residence? I was looking into it a while ago but I never managed to find a definite answer on that one.

Edit: just spotted another thread with the same question. http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2215 6
Apparently it's a bit of a grey area?

Last edited by TheAxtmann : 07-09-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-09-2009 at 07:11 PM   #41
sew12
Elite Member

Yeah I've heard it's frowned upon by UTS but I don't think it's against the rules.

The last thing I really read on that issue was that you can have one but like if UTS is investigating internet problems or something in your residence/room and they find it they might ask you to remove it.

So yeah it's not expressly forbidden as far as I know.
Old 07-09-2009 at 07:15 PM   #42
Quester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
i ask for a quiet place and i get hedden...oh God...please make the 2nd floor the most peaceful
dude, last year i got hedden and i was like, "wtf! i'm never gonna get any sleep around here!" however....my floor was soooo quiet that i actually got bored.
plus, we have strict exam time quiet hours, so you won't get disturbed at all during the exam weeks.

Afzal says thanks to Quester for this post.
Old 07-09-2009 at 07:28 PM   #43
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester View Post
dude, last year i got hedden and i was like, "wtf! i'm never gonna get any sleep around here!" however....my floor was soooo quiet that i actually got bored.
plus, we have strict exam time quiet hours, so you won't get disturbed at all during the exam weeks.
See. The year before last I lived in Hedden and my floor was really loud a lot, one of the CAs was a huge part of the problem to be quite honest. It was mostly the other side that was loud so it wasn't too bad for me, only when they got out of hand but eventually someone dealt with it.

During exams though you will have no problems. It's 24/7 silence pretty much with courtesy hours between 5-7 every evening where people can relax and noise rules aren't as strict. If you make noise during exam time though it's a $20 fine.

Afzal says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 08-14-2009 at 02:26 PM   #44
Roshaan

Liked: 1 Time

im gonna be moving in 307B Hedden... are we allowed to drill holes in the wall or the shelf?? cuz im bringing a tiny steel safe [9kg]...theres no point of having one unless i can bolt it down...

...nd the 2nd issue im facing is... i hav one home audio system... nd its 12,000 watts... kinda big... would i have enough space to keep it in my room... would loud music get me into trouble =\??

r u allowed build ur own shelves nd stuff in ur room as long as u dont damage it??

one more thing i am worried about is gettin to class in winter... i mean when the storms kick in
Old 08-14-2009 at 02:31 PM   #45
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

I'm pretty sure you can't drill holes anywhere in residence.