University Transfer R633 General Discussion 5 09-01-2009 10:28 PM
Transfer to Mac Pay919 Academics 3 12-20-2008 11:51 PM

Helllppp!!!!!! University Transfer

Old 06-02-2010 at 10:50 PM   #1
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

Helllppp!!!!!! University Transfer
Hi everyone,

My friend has applied to transfer to McMaster. He just completed his first year at brock, applied through OUAC and selected to submit his transcripts at the end of the winter term. He hasn't heard anything yet, as final marks were just released for him.

Does anyone know when people generally get notification about acceptances for transfers.

Also does anyone know what average you need to be accepted for a university transfer???? The only thing thats on the McMaster website says if you receive a C you will be given a credit for that course from the other University.

He has tried emailing the registrar and the recruitment but has heard NOTHING from them.

He wants to know how long he needs to wait as he has to register for classes soon.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-02-2010 at 10:54 PM   #2
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

try calling the registrar
Old 06-02-2010 at 10:56 PM   #3
carrka

He has tried that an waited on hold forever. He is going to send another email again but he is getting a little frustrated that he hasn't gotten a response yet from them.
Old 06-02-2010 at 11:23 PM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrka View Post
He has tried that an waited on hold forever. He is going to send another email again but he is getting a little frustrated that he hasn't gotten a response yet from them.
He could always stop in or just stay on hold. It's a pain in the butt, understandably but I think students worried about staying in university period are probably clogging up the registrar right now. That's likely why he's experiencing all the delays. As well, issues about marks, etc might be wrongly addressed to the Registrar causing the backlog. It's just administrative technicalities; just be persistent.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

carrka says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 06-03-2010 at 12:22 AM   #5
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I looked into transferring out of Mac at one point, and I can tell you its pretty much the same everywhere. The administration tend to get a lot of emails, and often times if they don't know an answer they'll just archive the email and forget about it. Being annoying is really the only way to help your chances of getting a reply (aside from going in person).

I'm not too sure about Mac, but I think most schools have already sent out offers to transfer students by now, although its possible that they'll still accept him after seeing his marks. Not to be a debbie downer or anything but your friend might be out of luck. =/
Old 06-03-2010 at 01:08 AM   #6
R633

Liked: 24 Times

I went through this exact process last summer when I transferred from University of Ottawa. The registrar is exremely picky depending upon what faculty you are transferring to... I transferred into Science and they only accepted me here after they received my official transcript from university of ottawa. Your friend will need at least a 6 on McMaster's scale to get accepted - this won't guarantee acceptance though. I had an 11 on McMaster's scale and I had a lot of trouble getting accepted into science. I ended up getting accepted last May... Did your friend send an official transcript?
Old 06-03-2010 at 07:51 AM   #7
carrka

On the OUAC website he selected that a transcript be sent from Brock to McMaster at the end of the winter term. He is not sure if mac has received his transcript as of yet because he cannot get a hold of anyone here.

He is hoping to transfer to Humanities for history or Social Sciences for Political Science (he selected both options on OUAC website)

who did you talk to about getting in? the registrar or the faculty?
Old 06-03-2010 at 11:40 AM   #8
R633

Liked: 24 Times

I talked to an academic advisor for the science faculty, they can really help you.