MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want to pursue this career !! janett Automotive & Transportation 4 11-16-2016 10:07 PM
Question regarding career in civil engineering jake0405 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 04-28-2013 11:19 AM
Career fair? jon.john23 Volunteering Opportunities 3 09-18-2011 07:54 PM

Help! Career Question!

Old 07-01-2017 at 10:30 AM   #1
scrambledeggs

Liked: 0 Times

Help! Career Question!
I'm planning my courses for lifesci right now. I doing it so that I can be eligible for certain level II programs. I'm not sure if neuroscience is my thing, but I was just wondering: What can a person realistically do with a neuroscience degree? As in careers, before or after any graduate studies.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2017 at 07:07 PM   #2
tigercatfan

Liked: 0 Times

It really is the same answer as with any of the 'non-trade' degrees. You will likely end up doing something you haven't thought of. The people that are the most successful are those that are passionate about the topic and take some enjoyment out of the work. These people tend ot get better grades and, much more importantly, have contacts for reference letters as they are often involved with labs and projects with profs.

Year in and year out the people that take the 'easy classes' because they want to go to med school ore of than not screw themselves as they have courses but no contacts.
Old 07-03-2017 at 06:35 PM   #3
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

I googled it.

Looks like if you're not going on to do a Ph.D. or medical school, the best you can hope for is a job electrocuting monkeys over and over again until they die from the horror of an infinity of electrocutions spread out before them. Or maybe you can get a job torturing Muslims in a secret CIA prison.

If you don't have a perfect 12 after 1st year you won't be going on to med school or a Ph.D. so at least you'll find out early enough if it's a feasible educational path for you.