MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
failed a prerequisite lifesciman1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-23-2012 11:22 PM
IS there any way to take a course without HAVING the prerequisite? rcmp1234 Academics 16 02-27-2011 12:39 AM
Prerequisite failed for a course andrewjdg Academics 4 01-06-2011 02:58 PM
Whom should I contact if my prerequisite failed? Kayee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-12-2010 10:24 AM
Prerequisite failed anthony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-12-2010 06:11 PM

Help! Failed prerequisite

Old 06-06-2012 at 02:17 AM   #1
zareen.s24

Liked: 3 Times

Help! Failed prerequisite
Hi
I just finished commerce level II but I failed The required course of commerce 2FA3. the required course for commerce level III which is Commerce 3FA3 requires 2FA3 as its prereq.
I have to repeat it but the only issue is that 2FA3 is available in second semester and 3FA3 is available in first semester. Anyone know of any prerequisite waiver or anything I could do?
So I got into the BCom program but I wanted to get into honours because I plan to go into CA.
I unfortunately cannot take summer school this year because of a personal issue and I am not in the country.
If worse comes to worse I will have to take 3FA3 next summer and take 2FA3 second semester but would I still get into honours commerce since 3FA3 is the required course? And they give decisions about entry late may which is during summer school
I have been contacting the academic advisor but they really didn't help much.
Anyone know of any options I have??? Or any appeal or form I can fill in.
Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012 at 02:34 AM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

If the requirements allow failures and simply just above a certain GPA you should be able to get in.
Old 06-06-2012 at 02:39 AM   #3
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

don't you get kicked out of the commerce program if you failed a required course? I mean 2FA3 is a required course and you wouldn't be able to continue into commerce III, right?
Old 06-06-2012 at 02:40 AM   #4
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

you can't take 3fa3 without 2fa3. The department will not make any exceptions. You need to call the APO office and speak to Lori Hill. Technically speaking you can't proceed to third year without the 60 units or 20 courses. I strongly suggest you come back and take 2fa3 during the summer. Also CA firms have certain standards when it comes to GPA. Failing finance is likely going to create some issues.
Old 06-06-2012 at 02:41 AM   #5
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubz View Post
don't you get kicked out of the commerce program if you failed a required course? I mean 2FA3 is a required course and you wouldn't be able to continue into commerce III, right?
the rule seems to apply to first year only including the summer term.