MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
selecting a laptop Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-27-2010 10:05 PM
Confused about selecting cores strawbrryjam First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-09-2010 11:17 AM
selecting courses kirsten..! Academics 8 06-28-2010 09:58 PM
Selecting Program Ender Academics 3 06-30-2009 11:42 AM
Second Year: Selecting courses kmer Academics 17 06-22-2009 09:07 PM

Help for selecting courses!!!

Old 06-30-2009 at 07:14 AM   #1
tan_90

Liked: 0 Times

Help for selecting courses!!!
Hi,
I am a first year international student and i am supposed to choose my courses today. I applied for the business program. So my problem is that I have been given a number of transfer credits for specific courses i.e comp science and economics. For the business program, comp science and economics form part of the required courses and when i register for these courses on solar, it doesn't let me take these courses. It says that I have already taken these courses before and passed it. Can anyone help me or tell me where I can ask for help coz i'm really confused.
Thanks
Old 06-30-2009 at 07:19 AM   #2
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

If you've been given the transfer credits, I don't think you need to take the courses again at McMaster.

You might want to contact the deparment: [email protected]

Andask to speak to one of the academic advisors

tan_90 says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 07:34 AM   #3
tan_90

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks so much!!! Does this mean that I will have less than 30 units then? Or do I have to pick other electives so that it makes 30 units? And how can I contact an academic advisor?
Old 06-30-2009 at 07:38 AM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

If you need to take 30 units for post-grad or for financial aid, then you can pick other electives to fill up your 30 units.

http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/UG/business1.html

You can try calling or e-mailing,

Lori Hill
Ext. 27928
Email: [email protected]

or to book an appointment to see an academic counsellor:

Main Line: 905-525-9140
Ext. 24433
Email: [email protected]

tan_90 says thanks to Lois for this post.