MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
transfer credits in 1st year engineering jntyrhds First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-12-2010 10:36 AM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM
Transfer into Engineering Aisha777 Academics 17 04-01-2010 08:53 AM
min grade to transfer to life science?? hamza123 Academics 2 12-13-2008 02:52 PM
Ualberta student wanting to transfer to McMaster Engineering Oilers Academics 1 11-09-2008 02:22 PM

HELP Transfer into Engineering from Life Sci???

Old 06-29-2010 at 12:09 PM   #1
CelesteSkye

Liked: 1 Time

HELP Transfer into Engineering from Life Sci???
hi everyone,
I'm in Life Sci and realized that I don't want to go down that path. I'd like to transfer into Engineering, but I don't know how, or even if it's possible. And if not, are there any equivalent courses I could take so I could get into a second year engineering program?
Oh and I forgot to mention I'm going to Vancouver and Wasaga tomorrow for two weeks...
AND i've been on hold with the admissions office for about an hour now.
Old 06-29-2010 at 12:16 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

I know someone who did that...it's definitely possible, but she had to repeat first-year (in engineering instead of life sci) because so many of the courses are different. She didn't decide this early, though--it was further on in the school year. Since you've decided so early, they might be able to switch you in (if there's room) or at least grant you course waivers so you can take some equivalent courses. Chem 1A03 should substitute for Chem 1E03, and you can take the non-science electives that are required for 1st yr eng, but other than that I think all the courses are different. Try contacting Sally Williams--her contact info should be on the mac eng website, or if you search her name on the Mac website, or you can look at engineering contact info here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2871 8
Old 06-29-2010 at 12:38 PM   #3
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Good choice, but be ready as Engineering is a lot more work. Your situation is completely opposite from a lot of people who chose to finish 1st year then transfer to life science,etc because of the they could not handle the workload. Just the heads up

Old 07-02-2010 at 10:37 AM   #4
CelesteSkye

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks, I got it all sorted out I'll be going into first year engineering on September 9th!! Of course, I may not have a life first year, but I guess we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-02-2010 at 04:28 PM   #5
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

Congrats! Good luck in first year Eng!