MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome Week Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 53 08-19-2010 10:58 AM
Welcome Week Rep Help Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 4 02-18-2010 11:25 PM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM
Welcome Week amplified First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 47 07-28-2008 06:15 PM

Help With Welcome Week?

Old 04-08-2009 at 08:35 PM   #1
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Help With Welcome Week?
Hi,

I was wondering... is there anything left in order to be a part of welcome week 09? I was really hoping to be a part of it this year but I guess I failed at becoming a residence rep and faculty rep. I'm on the waiting list for faculty rep and I thought I had a good chance of getting it guess not.. and I doubt the waiting list will go anywhere. Any other positions out there?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2009 at 09:01 PM   #2
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I don't think you can sign up for Welcome Week anymore but you can always get involved in Horizons! It's a great program and a lot of fun as well. Otherwise, you'll probably have to apply next year.
Old 04-08-2009 at 11:22 PM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I don't know about Faculty Reps waiting list but the Residence Rep waiting list is usually used up by the time August hits.

Old 04-08-2009 at 11:36 PM   #4
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
I don't think you can sign up for Welcome Week anymore but you can always get involved in Horizons! It's a great program and a lot of fun as well. Otherwise, you'll probably have to apply next year.

So how can i get into horizons?

and there still might be a chance to become a science rep?
Old 04-08-2009 at 11:47 PM   #5
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Nope, I am a Sci-Co for next year and the deadline for applications was a while ago unfortunately. As for Horizons, the applications come out in June sometime I believe.
Old 04-09-2009 at 12:08 AM   #6
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
Nope, I am a Sci-Co for next year and the deadline for applications was a while ago unfortunately. As for Horizons, the applications come out in June sometime I believe.
Oh cool. I applied for sci-co way before the deadline.. but i guess they didnt like my application... but i guess i can wait for horizons.
Old 04-09-2009 at 02:23 AM   #7
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

A lot of students applied for Sci-Cos this year. Unfortunately for this reason they had to make cuts but there's always next year! Horizons is definitely going to be great though. I am going to apply for it as well so hopefully we both get it.

Last edited by nino : 04-09-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-09-2009 at 05:36 AM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

The FYEO usually looks for volunteers and staff for Welcome Week too.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 04-09-2009 at 12:28 PM   #9
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
The FYEO usually looks for volunteers and staff for Welcome Week too.
really? how do i get in touch with them?
Old 04-09-2009 at 12:57 PM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelp View Post
really? how do i get in touch with them?
Here is there contact us page. They haven't updated their Leadership Positions page since January-ish it looks like...so I'm not sure if and when they're hiring for part-time stuff for the Summer Orientation Program and/or Welcome Week

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Infinity says thanks to lorend for this post.