MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
Ball Hockey Scuderia Athletics & Recreation 5 09-08-2010 03:46 PM
Hockey Gold! britb Athletics & Recreation 13 03-02-2010 09:31 PM
Hockey for Heart Tournament temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-24-2010 02:07 PM
Not that I follow hockey, lawleypop Athletics & Recreation 21 02-22-2010 10:50 PM

Hockey at Mac

Old 08-13-2009 at 11:37 AM   #16
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson1528 View Post
Will they ever build a rink on campus?
that would be an awesome idea.
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:47 AM   #17
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

i tried to sign up for floor hockey but it asks for some pin number. Where do I find this pin number? and exactly how do i register?
Old 08-13-2009 at 04:35 PM   #18
Paul91

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithd37 View Post
If any of you are interested in playing ice hockey this fall/winter my men's league is looking for players. Games are played in the evening and its at the Quad Pad.
Id be interested if i could get a ride with someone else, since i dont have a vehicle. I'll be living at 53 sterling. Just give me some more details about what days u play, times, cost, etc. If you want u can email me at [email protected] .
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:25 PM   #19
Paul91

could someone give me some details about intramural hockey or tell me where to go to find them? stuff like cost, times, how to register, etc. thanks
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:41 PM   #20
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

The info for 2009-2010 isn't up yet, but this is the site you're going to want to check out: http://www-athrec.mcmaster.ca/intramurals/index.htm

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Paul91 says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 08-17-2009 at 12:01 PM   #21
Junner

Liked: 8 Times

guys, there are lots outdoor rinks near mac, its relatively unknown but its big and pretty good although sometimes it gets crowded with local skaters. it has lights and stuff too so you can play at night

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...03455&t=h&z=18

thats the map of it, during the winter, they freeze an ice over that tennis court looking field.. its awesome see you there this winter
Old 08-23-2009 at 11:55 PM   #22
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithd37 View Post
If any of you are interested in playing ice hockey this fall/winter my men's league is looking for players. Games are played in the evening and its at the Quad Pad.
I'm interested. I've been looking for arenas that are easily accessible by bus from mac. There are a couple rinks in Dundas, but the HSR website says that it's a mission to get to them. How far away is the 4 pad? Anyone know of a close, accessible rink to mac?
Old 08-25-2009 at 10:40 AM   #23
Smithd37

The four pad is on the east mountain.
Old 09-10-2009 at 09:54 PM   #24
creen

Liked: 29 Times

Im going to post this here because if you search hockey this is the most relevant discussion that comes up.

There is a tonne of shinny to be had in Hamilton, most of it for 5 bucks. The quad pads on the mountain offer shinny usually 3 times a day at 9am 1ish and 11pmish however the quad pads are pretty much as far as you can get from mac in Hamilton.

There is the Chedoke Twin Pads Shinny twice a day usually 930am and 1230pm its 575 and there is ok attendance if you dont really want to play a game but just work out this is the spot.

There is Coronation which is pretyy close to mac I have never been there mostly because I figure it would be packed with puck hog kids fresh off of being cut from their OHL teams.

Here the links

Quad Padshttp://www.mohawk4icecentre. ca/shinny.cfm

Chedoke http://www.myhamilton.ca/myhamilton/...blicSkate.html

Coronation the closest to Mac http://www.myhamilton.ca/myhamilton/...blicSkate.html

Hope to see some guys out there

reeves says thanks to creen for this post.