MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Should I Go To Horizons? Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 08-10-2010 01:38 PM
Graduate School Scholarship Deadlines Approaching Lois MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-24-2009 08:39 AM
Horizons PilotMal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-17-2009 04:57 AM
Horizons Osterlej First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-05-2008 05:17 PM

Horizons Deadline Approaching!

Horizons Deadline Approaching!

Horizons Future Student Leaders Conference 2009 is in about two weeks, August 14-16th, 2009.

What is it? It's an awesome 3 day, 2 night leadership based camp held at McMaster University designed for first years; by students, for students. It gives first year students a rare glimpse into university life and a chance to establish life long friendships, all before the chaos and fun that is Welcome Week! At Horizons, you will get to do and experience things like:
  • Inspirational Speakers
  • Campus Wide Events
  • Night Out in Downtown Hamilton
  • Mini Clubsfest
Because of the amount of students applying, it's on a first come first serve basis, so send in your applications ASAP!

All forms must be completed in full with the conference fee and postmarked no later than August 7th, 2009. That leaves you a week, folks!

Check out more details here: http://www.msumcmaster.ca/servicesan...o/overview.htm
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-01-2009 at 10:51 AM   #2
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times
I'm so excited for this!
Question though..
I applied about two weeks ago, and I was wondering if I would get some kind of conformation that I was registered and/or more details about where and when etc.

Old 08-01-2009 at 04:46 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
I had the same question, especially since I applied in the first week of July!. So, I emailed the person in charge of Horizons about a week ago. She said that she was on vacation and she received all the packages. The confirmation packages are also on the way (She said first week of august!), that will tell us what time to be there, a schedule, etc.

Old 08-01-2009 at 08:00 PM   #4
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times
I did the same thing 3 days ago and Chanique (Horizons Conference Director) told me that the confirmation packages should arrive around this weekend and that the schedule is getting finalized EXCITED!!!!
- Moulton Hall

Old 08-01-2009 at 08:31 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Ooh awesome! Can't wait for the package, since I have no idea what to bring =S

Old 08-01-2009 at 08:57 PM   #6
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post