MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Tips for heating your student house on a student budget Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 01-26-2017 10:58 AM
Student Apartment Hunting Tips admin Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 08-26-2015 11:37 PM
Group of Housemates: House Hunting anjali General Discussion 3 01-15-2008 06:27 PM

House Hunting? Here are awesome tips for your student house

Article Revisit: Housing Series

Moving into a new place for the summer, or planning on moving out in September? Be sure to read up on our exclusive MacInsiders series and articles with advice and tips for your time at your new place! Are you going to be moving into Residence? We got you covered too!

Guide for Beginners Just Getting Started
Off-Campus Housing Series by Danielle LorenzThings to bring to:Also check out:Residence:

ALSO CHECK OUT: WHAT TO BRING (lists by students):
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...9.html?t=29659

PREPARING FOR MOVE-IN DAY: http://bit.ly/2jnbmQs
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-18-2017 at 12:05 PM   #2
mitski
Year: Second

Liked: 2 Times
If you can afford it, LIVE ALONE

- you will NOT miss out on any 'house university' experience. No one really remembers these times a year later, and after you graduate it will be a distant memory. The pros far outweigh the cons

- everyone needs a place they can just go, sit back, and take a break from being surrounded by students 24/7
- you will sleep much better and will not be woken up late, or too early by others alarm clocks or coming home late, at no fault of their own
- you will avoid ALL conflict that WILL exist between: cleaning, bathrooms, parties, long staying guests, fridge space, cupboard space and so much more
- you have a place of your own, you can decorate just how you feel, you can bring friends over. The parties you can throw can be the best parties
- things will be exactly as messy or clean as you want
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 01-18-2017
Imperious
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-21-2017 at 04:20 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitski View Post
If you can afford it, LIVE ALONE

- you will NOT miss out on any 'house university' experience. No one really remembers these times a year later, and after you graduate it will be a distant memory. The pros far outweigh the cons

- everyone needs a place they can just go, sit back, and take a break from being surrounded by students 24/7
- you will sleep much better and will not be woken up late, or too early by others alarm clocks or coming home late, at no fault of their own
- you will avoid ALL conflict that WILL exist between: cleaning, bathrooms, parties, long staying guests, fridge space, cupboard space and so much more
- you have a place of your own, you can decorate just how you feel, you can bring friends over. The parties you can throw can be the best parties
- things will be exactly as messy or clean as you want
You list some points that are definitely issues living with housemates (cleanliness, being distracted, etc)... but from my own personal experience, I lived in a student house in my upper year at Mac and loved it. Yes, there were a lot of those things you mentioned, but I think the positives of being able to socialize, have more fun with others in the house, meet new friends and get to know them well, and the lessons you learn from your experiences with others, are worth it I don't think I would have had as enjoyable of an experience at McMaster if I had lived alone in a single bedroom apartment and isolated myself.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search