MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your opinion on the MSU lorend General Discussion 14 11-18-2009 12:53 AM
Opinion Please frantic General Discussion 5 05-06-2009 01:36 AM
Does anyone know how many GO stops there are at Mcmaster? Thanks everyone! Arnold General Discussion 3 09-03-2008 10:17 PM
Need opinion on a design Chad General Discussion 14 05-30-2008 09:19 AM

HSR bus stops - your opinion now

Old 11-09-2009 at 11:40 PM   #16
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

I love it when people wait 10 minutes at King and Sterling for the bus and get annoyed when it drives by. It's faster to walk ;__;
Even worse is standing at Sterling/Haddon or any other bus stop between King and Campus and then getting off at Divinity!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 11-09-2009 at 11:42 PM   #17
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

i think its dumb to have the buses go off campus. there are so many turns and stops on the route they take through campus, they never get any real speed up. sure people can still get hit, but if you look both ways before you cross the street like children do, you won't get hit(at least not by a bus on campus).
Old 11-09-2009 at 11:45 PM   #18
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Even worse is standing at Sterling/Haddon or any other bus stop between King and Campus and then getting off at Divinity!
I always get so mad when people get on the bus on campus/at the hospital, only to get off at Sterling when there are people who are headed downtown who couldn't make it onto the bus.

One time this girl got on at the Sterling/University and the bus was packed since it was after a night class. When she got off on Sterling people started booing her. I felt kind of bad for her, but at the same time it was kind of amusing.
Old 11-09-2009 at 11:46 PM   #19
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
i think its dumb to have the buses go off campus. there are so many turns and stops on the route they take through campus, they never get any real speed up. sure people can still get hit, but if you look both ways before you cross the street like children do, you won't get hit(at least not by a bus on campus).
That's just a popular argument used by the Administration. They just generally want to get rid of Busses for an unknown concoction of reasons; Aesthetics is one..they even want to take the Trucks/Cars of campus and only limit it to emergency support Vehicles.

Old 11-10-2009 at 12:01 AM   #20
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

i think campus is pretty aesthetically pleasing as it is..and also a very pedestrian friendly place..getting rid of busses will just add to the number of cars used to get to campus due to inconvenience of the extended bus stop walks..busses on campus just make sense to me...my 2 cents
Old 11-10-2009 at 12:09 AM   #21
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Busses > No busses.
Today, I took the 1A to school, and it dropped me off a bit before Forsyth (sp?).
I was completely confused, didn't know how to get to the freakin' campus!!
My class was on the OTHER side of where I was, took me 15 mins to get to my stinkin' class, all because busses aren't going onto the campus anymore.

I mean, are people REALLY that stupid and just walk onto roads without looking? Really? We're not children!!

and I've had SO many *ALMOST* bike incidents. =/
Bikes are more dangerous than the busses, haha.
Old 11-10-2009 at 12:43 AM   #22
huzaifa47

I don't get why Bikers are getting so much flak? I have rode a bike to school since last year; I haven't even come close to hitting anyone...

Jedi instincts? 8)

adrian likes this.
Old 11-10-2009 at 12:47 AM   #23
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
I don't get why Bikers are getting so much flak? I have rode a bike to school since last year; I haven't even come close to hitting anyone...

Jedi instincts? 8)
oh probably xD
Old 11-10-2009 at 02:49 AM   #24
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

I always find the hybrid Mac 5-0 car to be the most dangerous. Driving around all silent and stuff through campus you cant hear it come up behind you.
Old 11-10-2009 at 06:49 AM   #25
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

I guess im the only one who found that bus stop convient..all I hope is that service continues cause I can get home a whole lot faster LOLL

Old 11-10-2009 at 06:59 AM   #26
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Busses > No busses.
Today, I took the 1A to school, and it dropped me off a bit before Forsyth (sp?).
I was completely confused, didn't know how to get to the freakin' campus!!
My class was on the OTHER side of where I was, took me 15 mins to get to my stinkin' class, all because busses aren't going onto the campus anymore.

I mean, are people REALLY that stupid and just walk onto roads without looking? Really? We're not children!!

and I've had SO many *ALMOST* bike incidents. =/
Bikes are more dangerous than the busses, haha.
:\ You can SEE the campus from Forsyth.
Old 11-10-2009 at 09:19 AM   #27
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:

Jedi instincts? 8)
There are so many people riding on the sidewalks for no good reason. Whether on campus or off, I've had many a time when I was walking and a bike zoomed past me from behind.

I find it ridiculous that people don't understand this: bikes belong on the road. Stop being a douche and ride on the road like the rest of us.

Last edited by DannyV : 11-10-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Maegs, Taunton all say thanks to DannyV for this post.

adrian, malycknm, Taunton like this.
Old 11-10-2009 at 10:25 AM   #28
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

about the argument about not getting hit by a bus. this is one of the reasons for no buses. and it is valid. there is an increased chance of getting hit by a bus. And a few years ago a girl did die by getting hit by one.

yes, we all know how to cross intersections.

see above: "I got off on a stop that wasn't mine, I didn't know where to go, so confuz'd. bawwww"

Last edited by Chad : 11-10-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: TOS Complaint
Old 11-10-2009 at 11:03 AM   #29
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
yes, we all know how to cross intersections. but you fail to realize that females make up about 60% of this campus.

see above: "I got off on a stop that wasn't mine, I didn't know where to go, so confuz'd. bawwww"
This rendered any and all posts by you invalid.
Old 11-10-2009
FireDragoonX
This message has been removed by a moderator. .