MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trailer for The Raven (2012) Looks amazing! ZSimon Movies & Television 5 11-14-2011 09:54 PM
Got the Halloween Hunger? crazyfree Clubs & Groups 0 10-23-2011 02:30 PM
Moving into Brandon w/A trailer. panici Brandon Hall Forum 10 09-04-2009 10:22 AM
Help Hunger Disappear [FB App] Lois General Discussion 4 08-27-2009 08:45 AM

The Hunger Games trailer!

Old 11-16-2011 at 09:36 PM   #16
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

YOU FINISHED THE LAST BOOK? D: I want to read it. But no time + money. :( And...the excerpt I read was horrible...

Hunger Games is an obvious choice. Maybe even The Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon (going on high fantasy...you can find the first book in the fiction area of Mills).

But it really depends on what you like to read.

That said...THEY RELEASED A COUPLE NEW PHOTOS. One of Effie interviewing Katniss. Looks awesome.
Old 11-16-2011 at 10:45 PM   #17
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

I agree - the wiki for this book seems to make it sound like a more love-type and less violent version of battle royale...

Has anyone ready both to confirm/deny?

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 11-16-2011 at 11:07 PM   #18
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

I liked the first two books of Hunger Games, but the last book ruined the entire series for me. It was the most anti-climactic ending ever. Very disappointing.
Old 11-16-2011 at 11:23 PM   #19
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakksshhaayy View Post
Hunger Games seems like a total copy of Battle Royale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
I agree - the wiki for this book seems to make it sound like a more love-type and less violent version of battle royale...

Has anyone ready both to confirm/deny?
Exactly what I thought. This is the trailer for anyone who has never heard of it:

Old 11-16-2011 at 11:23 PM   #20
Faer
Elite Member

Unfortunately, I haven't read Battle Royale...but the Hunger Games is violent...

EDIT: Well, that was disturbing. D:

Last edited by Faer : 11-16-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2011 at 11:56 PM   #21
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
By the trailer, it looks good. I never read the books, but maybe I will now I've been reading the last book in the inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini, and now I'll have to find another series to read. Any suggestions?
I'd definitely recommend The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. The second one in the series, The Wise Man's Fear, came out a little while ago and it was just as amazing, which almost never happens.

Usually I find that the first book in a series will be really good but then things start going downhill. I was also disappointed with Mockingjay.

Misspolitics says thanks to Bug324 for this post.
Old 11-17-2011 at 12:05 AM   #22
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

A Song of Fire and Ice is a pretty good read. I'm currently on A Clash of Kings and the entire series will last me a while. Although I think this is the first time the TV show is better than the book; not to say the book sucks, but HBO really brought the story to life.

Misspolitics says thanks to MichaelScarn for this post.

aya017 likes this.
Old 11-17-2011 at 06:34 AM   #23
TheCrucible

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn View Post
I liked the first two books of Hunger Games, but the last book ruined the entire series for me. It was the most anti-climactic ending ever. Very disappointing.
It was the opposite for me. I didn't really care for the first book, found the second one worse in terms of pacing, but actually liked the last one. Sure, the last one had problems, but the tone, plot and ending seemed more realistic in the context of that world and what was transpiring in it.

Last edited by TheCrucible : 11-17-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2011 at 07:10 AM   #24
Faer
Elite Member

Really? :/ I found Mockingjay to be one of the bettter ones in the series. Sure, it was different, and I might prefer maybe the first one, but the last one was so real. I liked it, though the ending left me depressed.

aya017 likes this.
Old 11-17-2011 at 11:06 AM   #25
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
YOU FINISHED THE LAST BOOK? D: I want to read it. But no time + money. :( And...the excerpt I read was horrible...

Hunger Games is an obvious choice. Maybe even The Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon (going on high fantasy...you can find the first book in the fiction area of Mills).

But it really depends on what you like to read.

That said...THEY RELEASED A COUPLE NEW PHOTOS. One of Effie interviewing Katniss. Looks awesome.
No, if I wasn't reading political theory books, I would have finished inheritance in a day and a half, but as it stands, I am on page 521. The book is amazing, btw don't listen to the excerpts.
Old 11-17-2011 at 12:15 PM   #26
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
No, if I wasn't reading political theory books, I would have finished inheritance in a day and a half, but as it stands, I am on page 521. The book is amazing, btw don't listen to the excerpts.
I read it. ^_~ But...well, let's see. The only reason I've stayed clear of (most) spoilers is so I can force myself to finish the book. I loved Brisingr, but the beginning of Inheritance was mediocre. Bleh. Hopefully it gets better!
Old 11-17-2011 at 02:03 PM   #27
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

Hunger games made me laugh, cry and choke on my pudding. No joke. And I'm a 20 year old man.

Faer, Nicki like this.
Old 11-17-2011 at 05:23 PM   #28
Misspolitics

Quote:
I read it. ^_~ But...well, let's see. The only reason I've stayed clear of (most) spoilers is so I can force myself to finish the book. I loved Brisingr, but the beginning of Inheritance was mediocre. Bleh. Hopefully it gets better!
After the first 200 pages it is amazing. first 200 was quite boring.
Old 11-18-2011 at 09:17 AM   #29
Faer
Elite Member

Don't tell me it's like, 800 pages again. o___o

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Trailer doesn't look that good... maybe if I had read the books I'd have a different opinions? Hmm curious
I just watched the trailer keeping this in mind, and I think you're right. The trailer isn't as good for non-fans as it is for people who have read the books.

(If you see this), what did you think of the trailer? I mean, what do you think the movie's going to be like/about? I'm curious!

Last edited by Faer : 11-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-18-2011 at 12:29 PM   #30
Misspolitics

Quote:
Don't tell me it's like, 800 pages again. o___o

Yes, it is longer than Brisingr. 800+ I do not have the book with me now because I would be reading it in the library instead of school work (not a good idea)