MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trailer for The Raven (2012) Looks amazing! ZSimon Movies & Television 5 11-14-2011 09:54 PM
Got the Halloween Hunger? crazyfree Clubs & Groups 0 10-23-2011 02:30 PM
Moving into Brandon w/A trailer. panici Brandon Hall Forum 10 09-04-2009 10:22 AM
Help Hunger Disappear [FB App] Lois General Discussion 4 08-27-2009 08:45 AM

The Hunger Games trailer!

Old 11-18-2011 at 04:59 PM   #31
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Heh, Paolini sure writes a lot. D: (Or should that be ? I like long books...but this one sounds too long...heheh). Hopefully I can read during the winter break. I have legitly NO TIME this month!

Ooh, also, have you read the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan? The first series is a bit childish (the writing isn't amazing either), but the second series that he's writing now based on the first is AMAZING. Though I haven't even finished the first book yet.

Also, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.
Old 11-18-2011 at 06:32 PM   #32
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Heh, Paolini sure writes a lot. D: (Or should that be ? I like long books...but this one sounds too long...heheh). Hopefully I can read during the winter break. I have legitly NO TIME this month!

Ooh, also, have you read the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan? The first series is a bit childish (the writing isn't amazing either), but the second series that he's writing now based on the first is AMAZING. Though I haven't even finished the first book yet.

Also, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.
I loved Artemis Fowl!!!!!! I read that in between Eldest and Brisingr in high school because I didn't like the wait

Faer likes this.
Old 11-18-2011 at 08:13 PM   #33
Faer
Elite Member

Ahh, another Artemis Fowl fan! Hopefully. I love Eoin Colfer's work (kid's books). He's amazing. I can't wait till the last AF book, though it will be totally sad.
Old 11-18-2011 at 08:17 PM   #34
Misspolitics

Quote:
Ahh, another Artemis Fowl fan! Hopefully. I love Eoin Colfer's work (kid's books). He's amazing. I can't wait till the last AF book, though it will be totally sad.
What is hopefully supposed to mean? My brother and I read the Artemis fowl books, and they were well written but for some reason, they weren't real popular. I never heard of those other books before
Old 11-18-2011 at 08:33 PM   #35
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintos View Post
Hunger games made me laugh, cry and choke on my pudding. No joke. And I'm a 20 year old man.
You, sir, are a real man.
Old 11-18-2011 at 09:17 PM   #36
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
What is hopefully supposed to mean? My brother and I read the Artemis fowl books, and they were well written but for some reason, they weren't real popular. I never heard of those other books before
Hopefully as in, you didn't just pick it up and read it and...you know, didn't become a fan. Like...you know how you read books but aren't necessarily a fan? Yeah... :/

But anyway, you're right, they've never been SUPER popular, which is a pity. I love Artemis Fowl (even more so in the seventh book...and Orion Fowl...)

Percy Jackson is pretty good, too, you should check it out!
Old 11-19-2011 at 07:41 AM   #37
Misspolitics

Quote:
Hopefully as in, you didn't just pick it up and read it and...you know, didn't become a fan. Like...you know how you read books but aren't necessarily a fan? Yeah... :/

But anyway, you're right, they've never been SUPER popular, which is a pity. I love Artemis Fowl (even more so in the seventh book...and Orion Fowl...)

Percy Jackson is pretty good, too, you should check it out!

Thanks for all the advice I'll definitely look into these books because as of today, I'm 100 pages from finishing "inheritance"
Old 11-19-2011 at 10:39 AM   #38
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

+1 for Percy Jackson. If you like that series Rick Riordan has started up two new ones Heroes of Olympus (Greek mythology) and Kane Chronicles (Egyptian mythology). All three series sometimes tie in with one another which is pretty cool! It's definitely geared to a younger audience but I enjoy reading them. I'd also recommend The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Micheal Scott!

Thanks for reminding me about Artemis Fowl. I left off at the Time Paradox and now there's two more to read!

Misspolitics likes this.
Old 11-19-2011 at 11:05 AM   #39
Faer
Elite Member

^The second Artemis Fowl won't be out till autumn next year. But the one after the Time Paradox is hilarious.

Aaannnnd...I haven't got round to reading the Kane Chronicles, but wouldn't it be awesome if he did a crossover? Percy Jackson meets...kids from Kane Chronicles.

Another amazing series: Ingo, by Helen Dunmore. It's about mer-people. Note, not mermaids. xD IT's amazing, because it's so...so real, and not kiddified or girly.

Suzanne Collins also has another series which is pretty good, apparently, though I haven't read it (nothing can top The Hunger Games, though. )
Old 11-19-2011 at 02:51 PM   #40
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

i love the hunger games series and for those who havent read it read it now... the library has the entire series if u dont want to buy it
Old 11-19-2011 at 07:42 PM   #41
Misspolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
i love the hunger games series and for those who havent read it read it now... the library has the entire series if u dont want to buy it
...which library? I didn't know that any of the mac libraries carried books people actually want to read.
Old 11-19-2011 at 08:19 PM   #42
Faer
Elite Member

Mills! You know on the second floor, there's this big area that's open past midnight? Opposite to its entrance there are some couches? The bookshelves behind them contain fictional reads. I discovered it at the end of last year. You can borrow books for two weeks!

(They have the first book of the Pelliinor series that I mentioned earlier, too. ^__^)

Misspolitics says thanks to Faer for this post.
Old 11-19-2011 at 09:06 PM   #43
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Mills! You know on the second floor, there's this big area that's open past midnight? Opposite to its entrance there are some couches? The bookshelves behind them contain fictional reads. I discovered it at the end of last year. You can borrow books for two weeks!

(They have the first book of the Pelliinor series that I mentioned earlier, too. ^__^)
yea this place... btw wats that book called?

other books to check out...
the first law book 1
incarceron
leviathan
(all of these books are in mills in the popular reading section 2nd floor beside the wash rooms near learning commons)

Misspolitics says thanks to Chevalier for this post.
Old 11-19-2011 at 10:02 PM   #44
Faer
Elite Member

It's called The Gift...or The Naming. It's pretty epic. I think the version Mac has is called 'The Naming'.
Old 12-17-2011 at 01:35 AM   #45
derektee

Liked: 2 Times

Finally got a chance to buy all three books and start reading them! The trailer looks amazing :O

Faer likes this.