MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have a mission, should you choose to accept it. eullwm General Discussion 18 09-27-2010 07:48 AM
McMaster: Why Did You Choose It? feonateresa General Discussion 56 09-05-2009 11:11 AM
how to choose nadia1 Academics 9 07-03-2009 01:10 PM
Why did YOU choose McMaster? kenvin100 General Discussion 31 09-25-2008 02:33 PM
How to Choose a Residence lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 9 05-29-2008 03:54 PM

If u had to choose...

Old 06-28-2009 at 07:38 PM   #16
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiu View Post
I've heard that Enviro 1G03 was super easy, but it's currently full-- I wanted to take it too!

Math 1LS3 is kind of a joke =/ .. Really easy course.

Kin 1Y03/1YY3 is by far my favourite first year course (I took it as an elective). If you review your material and listen in class, it's pretty easy to get a good mark in it. It's lots of reading and memorizing though, not to mention that there's a Friday morning test (15 or so M/C questions) every week-- but they were pretty easy if you reviewed your stuff. I definitely recommend this course if you're into Anatomy and Physiology.
1G03 is full already? that sucks. Registration for life science opens on july 3 you think some ppl might have dropped it by then? Also where can u check to see if a course is full?

Last edited by LBJ.MVP : 06-28-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2009 at 08:30 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsci View Post
Bio 1m03 was really easy (looking back).
I thought the Human Evolution was hard. I just couldn't memorize all the names and all their characteristics. But the other two parts of the course were easy to learn.
Old 06-28-2009 at 08:56 PM   #18
missiu

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
1G03 is full already? that sucks. Registration for life science opens on july 3 you think some ppl might have dropped it by then? Also where can u check to see if a course is full?
It's only full for upper year students, as they allocate a certain number of seats in the class for upper years and the majority for first years (since it's a first year class). You should be fine, since 1g03 is a first year science course.

When you sign onto SOLAR on July 3rd, it'll show you when you try to get into the course you want. Or you can ask a 2nd year to check for you.
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:17 PM   #19
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Enviro 1G03 was deffinitely the easiest to get a high mark in and Astronomy was second easiest although there was physics involved, the prof is just amazing and the material is so interesting plus the exam was a joke.

The beginning and the end of Bio 1M03 was easy but deffinitely NOT the middle. Memorizing the names of all the "cavemen" and characteristics was painful and not a fun. However, if you can get through that part then the majority of the course is a breeze.
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:25 PM   #20
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

For Bio 1M03, didn't go to papaconstantinou's human evolution lectures so I kinda paid for that in some ways although I recall memorizing everything human evolution in the few hours prior to midterm. So other than the second midterm, found the rest of the course to be a joke. Dushoff and Kaj were both great profs (if they're still teaching).
Also, the PBL project was a unique experience that one could definitely benefit from.
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:29 PM   #21
missiu

Quote:
For Bio 1M03, didn't go to papaconstantinou's human evolution lectures so I kinda paid for that in some ways although I recall memorizing everything human evolution in the few hours prior to midterm. So other than the second midterm, found the rest of the course to be a joke. Dushoff and Kaj were both great profs (if they're still teaching).
Also, the PBL project was a unique experience that one could definitely benefit from.
Well.. papaconstantinou's lectures.. were basically a regurgitation of the textbook... I remember.. going through her lecture notes.. and going through the book and realizing I was reading the exact same thing. She didn't even expand on much, if anything, during the lectures-- she read off the slides and her answers to questions were not very helpful in my opinion.
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:51 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
I agree, the PBL was quite unique. Never had anything like that before and it was nice to have.
Old 06-28-2009 at 10:33 PM   #23
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

k im thinking of going with 1g03 if i can or else 1xx3/ thx for all ur responses, very much appreciated.
Old 07-01-2009 at 06:37 PM   #24
yas1

if u were to choose 2 from these courses:
econ 1b03, econ 1bb3, envirsci 1a03, envir 1g03.... which two would u pick, in terms of getting high marks and light work load? if u can respond to this post before july 3rd it would be a great help ..thnx
Old 07-01-2009 at 06:39 PM   #25
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Math 1A03, easy if you took high school calc.
Old 07-01-2009 at 06:41 PM   #26
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I would say Econ 1B03 and Econ 1BB3. I never took the two courses but I plan on taking them. The course load isn't too heavy for those two courses from what I heard. You don't need to know economics either as they will start from the basics. Most of my friends achieved high grades on those two courses but just like any course, you will have to work hard to earn the marks. I took Enviro 1A03 and there's a lot of information you need to know for the course. I found it interesting but some of the concepts were difficult to understand and I thought there was a great amount of information that you needed to know. There isn't too much work though for that class. There were quizzes, labs, one midterm and an exam.

yas1 says thanks to Nino for this post.
Old 07-02-2009 at 01:31 PM   #27
magicalland

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Which prof did you have? I had Dr. King. His midterms were kind of hard but you can easily get 80% in them. Plus labs, iClickers and CAPA bring up your mark. I thought he was a really good teacher.

I had the same teacher but i dont knwo Idid not enjoy his class..I guess I was comparing to my grade 12 teacher who was really amazing...so..yah its just midterms were fine but easy to lose marks as you dont get partial marks and then each question is like 1 % of your mark soo easily to lose percent whereas other courses like Enviro,,,even if u make lots of mistakes, u can stil get above 90 easily.
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:00 PM   #28
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yas1 View Post
if u were to choose 2 from these courses:
econ 1b03, econ 1bb3, envirsci 1a03, envir 1g03.... which two would u pick, in terms of getting high marks and light work load? if u can respond to this post before july 3rd it would be a great help ..thnx
I also say take Econ 1B03 and Econ 1BB3.
Old 07-02-2009 at 05:41 PM   #29
yas1

i decided to take econ 1b03 ,1bb3 if there are spots left:(... thank u guys for ur help
Old 07-02-2009 at 07:38 PM   #30
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yas1 View Post
i decided to take econ 1b03 ,1bb3 if there are spots left:(... thank u guys for ur help
Enjoy those classes! You made the right decision in my opinion!