MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nursing Immunization and Police Check MacDai First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-06-2010 08:27 AM
Tax certificate? rexelle Financial Aid 3 07-12-2010 02:02 PM
T2202A tax certificate eric_3490 Financial Aid 3 02-24-2010 10:24 AM
A question on Police Records Check requirement shaiya08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-29-2008 03:32 PM

what if you don't have a police check certificate by september 4 ?

Old 08-19-2008 at 11:10 PM   #1
shaiya08

Liked: 0 Times

what if you don't have a police check certificate by september 4 ?
Hi everyone ! I'm a nursing student and I've been required to do a police record check. Stupid me, I asked OESC for my police check and it's taking so long. Clueless me, I didn't know about the PEAK periods (AUGUST-OCTOBER). Unfortunate me, I need the police check by september 4. What if the suppose-to-be-helpful OESC won't be able to give my police check before the univ requires me to show it to them, would the nursing department reject me ? That would result to CRYING ME ! :(

Is there anything I can do ? An excuse letter or something ?

Thanks for the help !
Old 08-19-2008 at 11:13 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Well, I'm not in nursing, so I don't really know exactly what to do. But I suggest you call whoever you are suppose to give the police check to. Ask them if there is anything you can do.

shaiya08 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-20-2008 at 10:09 PM   #3
Summer21

Hello, well I'm a first year nursing student too so i can't give you a definite answer since i'm in the same position. But taking to some older nursing students, many say that they didnt need police checks for first year and even a nursing rep going into fourth year said that she didnt get one for this year yet. ALSO, the package only says that you need the imminuization and cpr by sept 4 (and if not get kicked out) while the police check is needed by hospital placements when working with vulnerable persons..hence it being called vulnerable persons screening. Since we don't do any hospital placements first year, it is doubtful that it will be needed..especially within the first week. I really wouldnt panic as you are not ALONE

shaiya08 says thanks to Summer21 for this post.
Old 08-20-2008
Summer21
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-20-2008 at 11:07 PM   #4
shaiya08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer21 View Post
Hello, well I'm a first year nursing student too so i can't give you a definite answer since i'm in the same position. But taking to some older nursing students, many say that they didnt need police checks for first year and even a nursing rep going into fourth year said that she didnt get one for this year yet. ALSO, the package only says that you need the imminuization and cpr by sept 4 (and if not get kicked out) while the police check is needed by hospital placements when working with vulnerable persons..hence it being called vulnerable persons screening. Since we don't do any hospital placements first year, it is doubtful that it will be needed..especially within the first week. I really wouldnt panic as you are not ALONE
OMG ! THANK YOU SO MUCH ! ive been panicking since monday XD LOL. thanks alot now im relieved. ehe.