MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a tour of whidden olive First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-23-2010 02:33 PM
Whidden Hall '09 Chad Whidden Hall Forum 110 09-05-2009 02:12 AM
Whidden '08 Chad Whidden Hall Forum 51 09-05-2008 03:34 PM
Whidden Question sarah1111 Whidden Hall Forum 4 07-05-2008 11:34 AM
Whidden Hall '07 lorend Whidden Hall Forum 26 07-02-2008 05:39 PM

I'm in Whidden!

Old 06-23-2010 at 11:35 PM   #16
Elec

Liked: Liked 3 Times

239!!! woot howdy neighbour
Old 06-24-2010 at 12:08 AM   #17
leuy

Liked: 1 Time

222! yeaaa second floor!
Old 06-24-2010 at 12:43 AM   #18
Elec

Liked: Liked 3 Times

cant wait its gonna be awesome

as long as i didn't totally mess up on my exam today lol
*fingers crossed*
Old 06-24-2010 at 09:05 AM   #19
Abid Raihan

Liked: 0 Times

whidden 413.
just wondering if there are engineering students at whidden.
Old 06-24-2010 at 10:15 AM   #20
psps

I'm in Whidden 448B. I think I might drop out of rez though because I really dont want to be in a triple. I'm in life science level 1. Is anyone else in Life Sci?
Old 06-24-2010 at 10:18 AM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by psps View Post
I'm in Whidden 448B. I think I might drop out of rez though because I really dont want to be in a triple. I'm in life science level 1. Is anyone else in Life Sci?
There's nothing wrong with a triple, what's your concern?
Old 06-24-2010 at 10:21 AM   #22
psps

Mainly about going to bed and stuff. I generally go pretty early, like 10, and I'm a really quiet person too. I like to have privacy
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:20 AM   #23
lizziemcg

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by psps View Post
Mainly about going to bed and stuff. I generally go pretty early, like 10, and I'm a really quiet person too. I like to have privacy
Aw don't drop out of res. I was in Whidden last year in a triple and it was the best. You're unlike so many other residences and Whidden just has this weird spirit about it that makes you feel like you're part of a big family. It's so central to campus; I found it to be great because you're so close to the cafeteria (It was Commons, but I think they renamed it when they did renos) and even have an underground tunnel to the caf if it's raining or you're in your PJ's. I know it doesn't sound convincing at all, but so many people end up loving their triples and you can't explain it.

I eventually met tons of people who liked to go to bed early and keep to themselves a little and their roommates were more than willing to accomodate them and their habits and patterns. There's always CA's, or counsellors, to help you if you run into any problems, too. Res is just such an amazing experience that you only get to have once, so try it out and if you don't like you can request a room switch or drop out of res before second term.

Also, last year I can't even tell you how many people there were in Life Sci! I'm in Commerce and there seemed to be quite the shortage of Commies.. But you eventually meet people from different floors and form study groups with them, so it all works out in the end. Life Sci is pretty popular at Mac so you'll probably have quite a few of those students in any given res.
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:34 AM   #24
psps

thanks for the advice, but i'm still a bit uneasy about the triple. Do you know if there is a way to get onto a waiting list for a double or single?
Old 06-24-2010 at 01:01 PM   #25
lizziemcg

Liked: 7 Times

You're welcome I hope it helped, if only a little. As far as wait lists go I haven't heard of anyone transferring because they disliked the idea of a triple. I would try contacting housing and conference services for more information --> http://housing.mcmaster.ca/

I have heard of people switching before second term because of roommate conflicts, but that's the only reason I could imagine you'd want to switch. Once you get in the swing of things with regards to having a triple it becomes the norm.

Good luck! .. Hope you give Whidden a chance
Old 06-24-2010 at 06:20 PM   #26
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

I can't help but be a little bummed about being stuck in a triple, but I'm sure it will all work out.
I'm in room 211, it also says floor 2G ? I'm quite confused by all of this.
Old 06-24-2010 at 06:25 PM   #27
pinkpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia. View Post
I can't help but be a little bummed about being stuck in a triple, but I'm sure it will all work out.
I'm in room 211, it also says floor 2G ? I'm quite confused by all of this.
I think that means its in the basement? Im not sure. Also anybody in whidden thats going to medical radiation sciences? :}
Old 06-24-2010 at 06:26 PM   #28
Jivraj

well im in 105 1G so i think maybe its which wing we are in cause some ppl have B before the room number, meaning basement

Olivia. says thanks to Jivraj for this post.
Old 06-24-2010 at 06:27 PM   #29
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpen View Post
I think that means its in the basement? Im not sure. Also anybody in whidden thats going to medical radiation sciences? :}
I'm going into med rad sci!
Old 06-24-2010 at 06:59 PM   #30
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Welcome to Whidden! I was in Whidden last year, hope you guys will enjoy it =)

(The only downside in Whidden is the guys bathrooms... oh lord)