New mcmaster gmail Duncanrob Computers & Tech 7 03-31-2012 03:25 PM
Gmail a go for McMaster! MD-L MacInsiders Announcements 29 12-23-2011 09:56 PM
MUSS to GMail? TheLegacy Computers & Tech 6 02-25-2011 03:02 PM
problems with gmail lorend General Discussion 12 09-14-2009 11:27 AM

IMAP Functionality for Mac Gmail

Old 04-26-2012 at 12:14 PM   #16
trepancm

Liked: 0 Times

I'm able to enter all the incoming data; it verifies it (ie. no error comes up) but it won't let me proceed to the outgoing window to enter that information, I'm stuck on the incoming page. Any ideas? I thought it might be due to multiple sign-ins but I can't find where to turn that off.
Old 04-26-2012 at 06:01 PM   #17
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepancm View Post
I'm able to enter all the incoming data; it verifies it (ie. no error comes up) but it won't let me proceed to the outgoing window to enter that information, I'm stuck on the incoming page. Any ideas? I thought it might be due to multiple sign-ins but I can't find where to turn that off.
I'm confused as to what the problem is exactly. Are you trying to set this up on your phone? email client on your computer? Are you only able to input incoming server information and not outgoing server information?
Old 04-26-2012 at 07:07 PM   #18
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this is a stupid question:

Anyways, i'm using an android phone and using the stock mail app, i keep getting an error, this is what i'm entering:

Incoming Settings:
Protocol: IMAP
Email Address: [email protected]
Username: [email protected]
Password: MacID password
IMAP Server: mcmasterimap.mcmaster .ca
Security Type: SSL
Server Port: 993
Then it says verifying account information and i get this:
"Warning: Cannot connect to mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding"

Help? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012 at 07:16 PM   #19
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

try user name as just MacID
Old 04-27-2012 at 10:18 AM   #20
trepancm

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
I'm confused as to what the problem is exactly. Are you trying to set this up on your phone? email client on your computer? Are you only able to input incoming server information and not outgoing server information?
Trying to set up on my phone. I can only enter the incoming information; when I select next, it says processing, no errors occur, but it will not proceed to the outgoing page.
Old 04-27-2012 at 12:23 PM   #21
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrickWall View Post
try user name as just MacID
Still get the same error.
Old 04-27-2012 at 04:23 PM   #22
particle
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepancm View Post
Trying to set up on my phone. I can only enter the incoming information; when I select next, it says processing, no errors occur, but it will not proceed to the outgoing page.
If you can get into your inbox, you should be able to hit settings somewhere and looking for outgoing settings there.
Old 04-27-2012 at 04:26 PM   #23
particle
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
Still get the same error.
Does your password start with a number or symbol? Mine did initially and that's not going to work, so you'll have to change it. Or you might have multiple sign-in enabled, which you need to turn off. (if you've never touched it, its off by default).