MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
important question regarding not high enough marks kuruczpa Academics 21 09-13-2010 02:56 PM
an important question about Macs (the computer) at Mac (the university) dumbconsumer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-10-2010 12:13 PM
Schedules cwong First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-17-2010 03:51 PM
Important Psychology Question nick Academics 2 05-08-2010 06:47 PM
Schedules Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-07-2008 07:26 PM

Important Question About Schedules!

Old 08-26-2008 at 09:03 AM   #1
rebeccaaa

Liked: 0 Times

Important Question About Schedules!
Hey,
So my first term schedule appears to have 2 cores for the same class (History 1B03) And only one tutorial. I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be, seeing as all of my other classes have 1 core and 2 tutorials. If this is a problem, how should I fix it.. thanks!
Old 08-26-2008 at 09:12 AM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaaa View Post
Hey,
So my first term schedule appears to have 2 cores for the same class (History 1B03) And only one tutorial. I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be, seeing as all of my other classes have 1 core and 2 tutorials. If this is a problem, how should I fix it.. thanks!
Could you post a picture of you schedule. I'm not sure I understand what's happening. Do you mean you have (for example) HIST 1B03 C01 on Monday and HIST 1B03 C02 on Wednesday? (something along those lines?)
Old 08-26-2008 at 09:17 AM   #3
rebeccaaa

Uhm, I am not exactly sure how to post my schedule. But what it says is
HISTORY 1B03 C01 on two different days, at two different times.

Also on another note I have a HUGE problem with my 2nd semester schedule. I have a conflict with with English course, and the only time that the core is available is during two of my other classes, I emailed mac and they said, I had to drop one of the conflicting courses, So i went on SOLAR to do that this morning and no other course I was remotely interested in was available 2nd semester. So I'm not exactly sure what I should do about this..
Old 08-26-2008 at 09:22 AM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Uhm, I am not exactly sure how to post my schedule. But what it says is
HISTORY 1B03 C01 on two different days, at two different times.
That's fine, it just means you have the class at those times. The other classes you may just have one lecture per week whereas with this one you have 2.

Quote:
Also on another note I have a HUGE problem with my 2nd semester schedule. I have a conflict with with English course, and the only time that the core is available is during two of my other classes, I emailed mac and they said, I had to drop one of the conflicting courses, So i went on SOLAR to do that this morning and no other course I was remotely interested in was available 2nd semester. So I'm not exactly sure what I should do about this.
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait and see if anyhting clears up or take one of the courses in summer school.
Old 08-26-2008 at 09:26 AM   #5
rebeccaaa

thanks.
ugh that is so frustrating though. I have no idea what I'm going to do.
This might me a realllly lame question lol, but is some sort of academic counseling available to help me switch this. The course that is conflicting is one I have to take, as it is going to be my major :|
Old 08-26-2008 at 09:34 AM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
thanks.
ugh that is so frustrating though. I have no idea what I'm going to do.
This might me a realllly lame question lol, but is some sort of academic counseling available to help me switch this. The course that is conflicting is one I have to take, as it is going to be my major :|
There is, every faculty has some academic advisors. Check the Humanities page, http://www.humanities.mcmast er.ca/, and get some contact info from there.

My advice is to take the course that will be your major and drop the other(s). You can always take them later on.