MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Indigenous Studies 3CC3 lorend 3rd Year Course Reviews 1 05-01-2011 03:12 PM
Indigenous Studies 1AA3 sinthusized 1st Year Course Reviews 3 01-13-2011 06:22 PM
Indigenous Studies 3K03 lorend 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 04-21-2010 09:46 PM
Indigenous Studies Chad Academics 3 01-09-2009 09:11 AM

Indigenous Studies 1A03

Indigenous Studies 1A03
Published by lorend
12-11-2009
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Author review
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Professor Rating
80%80%80%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
80%80%80%
Average 80%
Indigenous Studies 1A03

Taken in Fall 2009 with Hayden King.

Marking scheme:
25% midterm
20% research essay
10% group essay
5% group-marked participation
30% exam
10% class participation

The class deals with the history of Indigenous People in Canada from pre-contact until 1969. A variety of sociopolitical, economic and historical perspectives are shown.

I was not a fan of the group paper, but I'm not a fan of working in groups; the topic itself was interesting, however.

Midterm and exam were straightforward. Most questions were from lecture, only one or two from the textbook. Both had the same format: multiple choice, short answer, one essay; with having choice of topics for short answer and essay.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Indigenous Studies 1A03!

Old 12-11-2009 at 08:54 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
I also didn't like the group project too much - (though my group was cool) I think I personally was paying too much attention to research rather than ideas.

Overall this was a pretty good course and it wasn't too difficult, though I thought it would be... It was my first social science course and so it was different from what I usually take. Though there were not too many assessments, I think most people did well in the evaluations.

I would recommend this course to everyone!

Last edited by sinthusized : 12-11-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2010 at 10:27 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
<3 my group too!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

sinthusized likes this.
Old 06-11-2014 at 09:19 AM   #4
albalks

Liked: 16 Times
Has anyone taken this course with Dr. Watts?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search