MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's a Library - STFU! JackBauer133 General Discussion 23 09-21-2010 09:15 AM
innis? aa84 General Discussion 8 12-09-2009 08:57 PM
course books available at library? macculkin General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 08:19 PM
library hours Richa General Discussion 3 04-10-2009 07:04 PM
How much are library fines? HeatherH General Discussion 6 12-02-2008 11:50 AM

Innis Library??

Old 10-17-2009 at 09:39 PM   #16
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

I went to Innis just last week for the first time and it was anything but quiet. If you do manage to get to Innis (I swear the TSH/CNH underground is a freakin maze) try and get into the seperate 'quiet' study room. When I was there it was packed and I'm guessing its like that all day but thats your best bet if you want a quiet spot to study. IMO I find the best place is Thode in the basement. Its always quiet there.

Last edited by Colin : 10-17-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2009 at 10:03 PM   #17
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

You could always try the upper levels of various buildings. BSB is quiet until you get grad students who can see you studying but decide to make the doorway their new water cooler hang out...

I completely understand your frustration. I was in Hamilton Hall the other day and these kids just wouldn't stop talking. They weren't even working...and they knew I was studying. It was so frustrating...

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-17-2009 at 11:05 PM   #18
EngLufLuf

Liked: Liked 2 Times

2nd floor in thode is really quiet, i'm a person who can't study if there is whispering around me. so it is a VERY quiet place..... I was there around 2pm-6pm . don't know abt other times though
Old 10-17-2009 at 11:10 PM   #19
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Health Sci isn't too bad either. It's mostly quiet in the basement (or first floor, technically).

There are quiet areas, and silent areas. And the room with the glass walls is pretty quiet too. : )

3rd floor Thode was pretty pretty quiet when I tried to study there last year - I was afraid to make a sound! Haha.

And I think the higher up you are at Mills, the quieter the floors are. : )
Old 10-17-2009 at 11:59 PM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

The quieter ones I've been to so far, were Mills 4th floor. It was quiet between 8-ish and 1. But after that, it got a little louder, which was a bit frustrating. Thode is also quiet, just not so much at night - especially the basement, it's like a zoo the last time I was there. 2nd floor Thode isn't bad, if you sit away from the area that overlooks the first floor!
So far.. Health Sci's reading pavillion is my favourite, eevn though it wasn't super quiet.. But I'm working on exploring more places.. so might find better
Old 10-18-2009 at 01:43 AM   #21
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Thanks! I'll check both . By the way, there's no rules about studying in any of the classrooms.. are there? And what time would be best to go, just to make sure there aren't any classes who have the room booked?
KTH is usually deserted by 9pm and as far as I know there are no rules saying you can't study in an empty classroom.
I was at KTH from 9pm-5am and no one said a thing, although I almost had a heart attack when the janitors walked in but they didn't say anything so I presume it's okay as long there's no class in there

feonateresa, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 10-18-2009 at 10:04 AM   #22
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_hikari View Post
KTH is usually deserted by 9pm and as far as I know there are no rules saying you can't study in an empty classroom.
I was at KTH from 9pm-5am and no one said a thing, although I almost had a heart attack when the janitors walked in but they didn't say anything so I presume it's okay as long there's no class in there
Serious?? Haha. My friend and I were wondering what time it closed because we were scared someone would kick us out, or all the lights would turn off. But yeah, it's totally chill in KTH. Just go through the front doors, and save the embarrassment of going through side doors [they close after certain hours or days].

BSB has a ton of rooms with long tables that you can use. The problem with going to places like... I don't know, TSH 1st floor, is that there's only a big lecture hall with small seats. So the basement classrooms of TSH, KTH and CNH work really well too.
Old 10-18-2009 at 10:27 AM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I had a group meeting thursday night to finish up a project. We had to relocate after Innis closed. We just took one of the tutorial classrooms and we were there literally from like, 11-5 am. The only thing is, the janitor asked us to leave the room for 5 minutes while he cleaned.

But yea. Why would there be rules about using empty classrooms? We pay for this shit. ;D

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-18-2009 at 11:13 AM   #24
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
But yea. Why would there be rules about using empty classrooms? We pay for this shit. ;D

>implying students don't vandalize property ever
:batm an:
Old 10-18-2009 at 11:18 AM   #25
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Serious?? Haha. My friend and I were wondering what time it closed because we were scared someone would kick us out, or all the lights would turn off. But yeah, it's totally chill in KTH. Just go through the front doors, and save the embarrassment of going through side doors [they close after certain hours or days].
They don't turn off all the lights but they do turn off some. For example by around I think 11:30 or so the lights in the hallways where wokery is are turned off but the lights in the general hallways are still on so it's not like you're in the dark or anything haha.

I actually have no idea when the doors are locked, I usually go in through CNH and go through the underground passages to get around lol