Music 2II3 (Pop music):Seat Available Junebug Academics 1 09-15-2008 12:41 AM
I Need Music! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 9 06-09-2008 12:58 PM

Instrumental Music

Old 11-25-2008 at 09:52 PM   #1
mumbojumbo

Liked: 10 Times

Instrumental Music
Hello,

I'm a first year science student. So basically in high school I played alot of instruments such as sax, trumpet, piano, etc. I'm trying to maintain my skills in instrumental music while studying in university coz it seems like I'm focusing primarily on science courses these days. I know McMaster has an ensemble, but I dont know where to inquire (if there is an audition or some sort). is there any intrumental music courses, clubs, bands that can make me practice and enhance my instrumental skills?

basically, i would like to join an orchestral band, if im too late for auditions this year, will I be able to audition for next term? next year?.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2008 at 09:59 PM   #2
b_sunshine55

Liked: 1 Time

If you want to keep up instrumental music, the way to go is to audition for the orchaestra, this is done typically in september of each year and there is a sign up for audition times at clubsfest. the conductor is dr.kinder who is VERY nice! I was in the same position as I'm in sciences and played trumpet avidly through high school, and last year in my second year I joined the band which was a lot of fun. If you have any more questions or want to know if maybe you can audition in January, contact either Dr.Kinder, or the music council (their office is in TSH right beside the main lecture hall on the main floor). Good luck, and I hope you find what you're looking for!
Old 11-26-2008 at 10:25 AM   #3
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

There are also courses in the Music department that you may be interested in. All the #G03's are ensemble courses (i.e. you get credits for being in the orchestra), which you need to have auditions to get in, as stated before.
Old 11-26-2008 at 02:39 PM   #4
b_sunshine55

Liked: 1 Time

you can take one on one instrumental courses in the music department, however they are an additional $1500 per course, so you might be more interested in the ensember G03 course.
Old 12-11-2008
girscex
This message has been removed by a moderator. .