MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting Data zeChinaman General Discussion 14 04-12-2010 04:22 PM
Did You Know? Interesting Facts! EasternHeat General Discussion 241 09-03-2009 04:42 PM
Some rather Interesting websites! :0 huzaifa47 General Discussion 4 08-26-2009 09:21 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Interesting Videos.... lorend General Discussion 7 03-15-2009 03:57 PM

Interesting Videos to Pass some time

Old 11-29-2010 at 03:03 PM   #1
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Interesting Videos to Pass some time
I randomly get bored and surf youtube for videos that are actually interesting and rarely ever find any, I thought It'd be worthwhile to have a topic for people to post interesting/informative videos they find online. It'll make future procrastination so much easier

This is an NPR video about the weird inability of humans to walk in a straight line without a frame of reference (i.e. we go in circles unless we're walking to/away from/by something we can see).
http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/20...-walk-straight

These are my 2 favorite RSAnimate videos, they're like animated TED Talks

Crises of Capitalism

Changing Education Paradigms

Deegs14 likes this.
Old 11-29-2010 at 05:58 PM   #2
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

You guys should watch this, very helpful if you want to be successful in your life :

Old 11-29-2010 at 08:14 PM   #3
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

@Tailsnake. Why Why WHY?!?!?! Why am I living in this backward world then?!!??! :@
Old 11-29-2010 at 09:49 PM   #4
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

The video were I learnt about 4D
Old 11-29-2010 at 10:23 PM   #5
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Space is not a Spacial dimension.

And according to string theory, there's 11 Dimensions.
Old 11-29-2010 at 11:46 PM   #6
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
according to string theory, there's 11 Dimensions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia Article On String Theory
Flat space string theories are 26-dimensional in the bosonic case, while superstring and M-theories turn out to involve 10 or 11 dimensions for flat solutions. In bosonic string theories, the 26 dimensions come from the Polyakov equation.[18] Starting from any dimension greater than four, it is necessary to consider how these are reduced to four dimensional spacetime.
String Theory pretty much invents the dimensions as they go to make the math work out. It's all very complicated, but in the future I suppose it would be possible for string theorists to require an even higher number of dimensions. Even trying to understand 4 dimensions is hard enough for most people. You gotta give props to people who can handle 26.