MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet on res Leeoku First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 09-04-2010 04:53 PM
Internet Cap Allan Residence & Housing 28 11-22-2008 05:03 PM
Internet in Res Ruggedman Residence & Housing 40 09-25-2008 11:45 PM
Internet in Res Chad General Discussion 26 08-18-2007 03:25 PM

Internet Access

Old 07-07-2010 at 08:03 PM   #16
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
Forget that CISCO was even mentioned. You do not need it anymore.
If you have a Mac, you never needed cisco to begin with
I wouldn't have even known what it was if not for everyone else complaining about it!
Old 07-07-2010 at 08:17 PM   #17
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
If you have a Mac, you never needed cisco to begin with
I wouldn't have even known what it was if not for everyone else complaining about it!
You didn't necessarily need CISCO on a PC either. There were ways to get around it or so I've heard =D
Old 07-08-2010 at 03:21 PM   #18
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
Is there a download limit per day?
Yes, 2 Gb/day. Exceeding it puts you in a slow queue but doesn't limit your access entirely.

Old 07-08-2010 at 04:45 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post
Yes, 2 Gb/day. Exceeding it puts you in a slow queue but doesn't limit your access entirely.
Is that true for wireless access as well? I haven't noticed any problems with slowing down compared to the slowing down of residence speeds.
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:30 AM   #20
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Is that true for wireless access as well? I haven't noticed any problems with slowing down compared to the slowing down of residence speeds.
I'm not 100% sure about wireless, but I don't think the cap affects it since the download limit is based on your specific residence internet jack

Old 07-14-2010 at 01:42 AM   #21
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Hmm. Actually when I was in first year (2yrs ago) we also had that 2GB limit in res, but for 2nd term it vanished... and no one had any issues going 10+GB per day over (not including DC++ afcourse)
Old 07-14-2010 at 09:26 AM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post
I'm not 100% sure about wireless, but I don't think the cap affects it since the download limit is based on your specific residence internet jack
But with wireless you still have to log-in to the system, so couldn't they technically still throttle your account?